Thursday, October 14, 2021

MY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER NATURE

One of my Venny friends has a beautiful dining table made out of a cracked wooden slab filled with a green epoxy inlay.  I'd not seen a table top like this before, so I had to ask if I could take a photo. This truly is the most unique table ever.  Besides its stunning patterns, it's smooth to the touch. 


Sometimes when I get down in the dumps, I make an effort to think about our world's magnificent miracles.  Our Creator hid them inside of trees, on the underside of flowers, and it's up to us to take a closer look at all things of Nature.  Next time you cut up a kiwi, be sure to notice the pattern of the black seeds.

Despite the world's current ugliness, Mother Nature is a beautiful lady of substance.  Sadly, there are those who will live a long life and will leave this earth without ever really seeing it.  Growing up on a farm was my first gift, cuz farming is a hands on, up close and personal experience with plants and animals.  We learned to nurture both kingdoms.  

Instead of dwelling on the Great Divide of our Nation, I focus on Nature, because that's about the only real thing we can still depend on to be real.  Studying the patterns in nature gives me a sense of stability, a spiritual something to hold onto.  There are days one must work a bit harder at living and feeling like all will be okay.     

                     
Underside of a Water Lily

Underside of a Mushroom

Inside of an Agate

Outside of a Seashell

Face of a Tiger

Scales on a Fish

Feathers of a Pheasant

Wings of a Flutterby
Petals of a Flower
Don't know how many fish I've scaled in my younger years, but must admit to never looking closely at the scales, their patterns, and their colors.  It's that business of seeing something, but not truly seeing it.  That's one thing about retirement.....more time to observe the things that inspire and lift our thoughts to higher ground.  

One of the favorite things in my life was to walk barefoot along a beach looking for sea shells.  That is one thing that I could do every day.  Squish the wet sand between my toes, feel the cool water wash over my feet.  
    

2 comments:

  1. So many don't pay attention to Nature. It's not to be taken for granted, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete