Wednesday, May 29, 2024

FRESH RADISHES

 There's always something to wonder about.  Like yesterday, when I got my hair cut in a short summer pixie style.  When the stylist was finished, she said, wow, look at all the hair we took off your head.  I looked down on the floor and reached for my phone to take a picture.  She grabbed the broom and swept it on a pile.  Doesn't it look like a road kill lying on the side of the road?  Well, my question is why is the hair on the floor brownish/blackish and when it's on my head it's gray?

As usual, the stylist and I had a fun visit, with laughs stirred in with the serious life stuff we all go through.  She's the type of girl who'd easily earn my choice of a daughter.  It's that business of people placed in our path at the right time, in the right place, and for the right reason.  I'd like to think she finds something in me that helps her, as well.  I'm one to find photos of hairstyles, and she's kept them in her drawer.  When I asked for a short pixie, she reached in the drawer and said, like this style?  Yuppers, like that.  She grabbed her scissors, and I left with a haircut that the boyfriend loves.  

Sun is shining this morning, and I think I'd best give my herbs, tomatoes and olive tree sips of sustenance.  Everything is growing nicely.  The boyfriend picked fresh radishes yesterday, and that was a treat.  Another couple grew another kind of radish and shared them with us.  Cannot wait for the tomatoes.....I'm gonna eat tomatoes till they come out my nose this year.  I'm really wondering what the Jelly Bean Tomatoes will taste like.  That plant is planted on the deck for easy snacking.

Buffy's fleece blankie is cut to size and edges trimmed.  Today I will cut out the four corner squares and the strips for tying together.  The boyfriend has an eye appointment after lunch, so I might go along and tie the strips together while waiting in the car.  Eye appointments can get kinda lengthy.  If he has eyes dilated, it's best if I drive us back home.  The temperature will determine whether I work on the blanket in the waiting area or in the car.  Cannot tolerate the heat.  

Tomorrow is my plastic surgeon appointment.  Was reading online about the type of surgery that lifts one's brows and forehead.  Two techniques, and have no clue which one he'll recommend.  One surgery requires being cut from ear to ear.  The other is more non-invasive.  My eyelids are annoyingly droopy and worsening.  Hope I don't end up having bug eyes after they get done.  Lord, help me.  If I was ten years older, I wouldn't dream of having this done.  But, there's a lot of p___ and vinegar left in me.  So, am gonna be as good as I can be while I'm able to still flail my way through life's maze.  I've had so many surgeries in my life, that they don't frighten me.  It's just whether or not the doctor will be good at what he does.  I looked him up online, and he looks like a really nice guy.  Will update this opinion later.

Got a couple of things to get done here, so will close the book for now.  June is around the corner.  The boyfriend just called his auntie.  Today is her 103rd birthday.  She lives alone, cooks for the "old" people who live in her apartment complex, and tonight is going out for Chinese with her granddaughters and daughter.  Isn't that something?  

4 comments:

  1. Yes.
    I'll be along you tomorrow in spirit. You're not alone. May God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.......thank you for the sweet thoughts and words.

      Delete



  2. We need a picture of that fantastic cut, please! As for the eyelid appt, my older brother had that done…might want a consult…hope everything goes well and you don’t have to wait long for the procedure. Am anxious to see the pictures of your birthday creation…am sure Buffy will love it!…M

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.....yes, today is the consultation with the plastic surgeon. Dreading it and the thought, but I've gone through so much worse. I'm such a wuss. As for the haircut, I'll see what I can do about a picture, okay? Buffy's blankie still isn't done. I'll explain in today's post. Ta-ta.

    ReplyDelete