Friday, May 17, 2024

EVERYTHING GROWS OLD

Up at 7.  Today we're taking a trolley to Amish country, in the hopes of buying another cherry tomato plant for the deck.  I ordered the planter (to match Athena's planter), but had to order one size bigger.  There's enough space for two tomato plants.  Actually, it's a perfect excuse for us, and another Venny couple, to leave the nest.  Lunch will be somewhere along the way.

On one of our trolleys, I quickly snapped this photo of an old dilapidated house.  Just love the design.  First thing my brain kicks in gear and imagines it refurbished from roof to cellar, inside and out.  Wouldn't that be a wonderful project?  Would take a lot of $$$, but so does building a new home.  It's that business of trying to bring beauty to the broken.  The concept is at the center of my soul.

The old pump brings back memories, as does the outside cellar entry beside the pump.  Porches on these forgotten houses are sweet, and my Adirondack deck chair would add a welcoming element.  The windshield of our car and the rear-view mirror are visible, cuz I took the photo in such a hurry.  Two black and white signs are posted on the house itself, but cannot read what they say.  Note the stone foundation.

Hopefully today on our trolley we'll come across something that will require me to move fast so I can preserve whatever it may be.  There is always something that catches the eye, or presents itself in a way that screams for my attention.  The power of observation brings to life the little things around us....they're so close to us that we don't see them.  

"The best things in life are old, loved and rescued." 

1 comment:

  1. TC: Have a fun trolley. Do let us know of any unusual finds.

    ReplyDelete