Thursday, May 2, 2024

A VISITOR

Drops of rain splash on the deck.

Received a late evening text asking if Buffy could spend Sunday with us.  Naturally, I responded with a YES.  She'll arrive about 7 a.m. and stay until dark.  Another needed blessing.

The other morning I took a picture of a butterfly sitting on our patio screen door.  I've cropped the photo to better see its coloration.  After googling butterflies in our state, I quickly identified it.  


Red Admiral Butterfly
The first scientific description of the red admiral butterfly was written by famed naturalist Carl Linnaeus in 1758.  The term 'admiral' is a corruption of the word 'admirable,' a term given to the butterfly by early naturalists because of its striking coloration. 

How neat is it that this beautiful creature would choose our door to visit.  There are those who might say it was an angel's messenger sent to reassure me that I'm on the right path.  There's a part of me that can believe that, simply because of the depth of Nature's influence on me and my spiritual journey.  

More than anything, I think each of us needs to observe and absorb every little thing around us.  We get so wrapped up in the world's absurdness that our eyes don't actually see what's close by.  

Life is about learning to let go and reaching for a higher self.  That's our struggle, but once in a while a little thing like a butterfly will appear to remind us we're doing just fine as we are.  There's no need to second-guess our best efforts.  

Till the morrow.......ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment