Sunday, January 16, 2022

QUIET, DISMAL SUNDAY

Once again tis Sunday.  Where we live, it's 18 degrees, quite nippy.  Overcast and quiet.  

Absolutely nothing newsworthy that I know of.  An elf left three packets of pretty beads by my door.  The elf does sweet things like that, and now my creative juices are bubbling.  

Gotta share how caring our Venny friends are.  The boyfriend took the smooch pooch out for his morning business.  One of the gals who lives on the first floor had watched them walk in front of her unit.  Evidently she didn't notice them come back in the building, so she came to our door checking to see if they got in the building okay and that the boyfriend didn't fall or something.  

Have to share something I started a week ago, but didn't know if I could actually carry on with it.  For seven days now I've eaten only one meal a day (supper), no snacks in between, and one helping of the one meal I do eat.  For me, that's saying something.  At 5 o'clock I do partake of happy hour and have a vodka gimlet with olives.  Don't know how it can't help bring me down a bit.  One day I did splurge and had two small donuts, but then that evening I didn't have my gimlet.  Sort of traded this for that, now for then.  In the legal world, that's known as nunc pro tunc. The reason I share my latest effort is so I commit myself to the universe. 

Watched a live stream last night until midnight.  The usual gang gathered on screen, making jokes.  Three of them are over-the-road truckers, and it's fun listening to what their lives are like on the road.  During the live stream, one of 'em cooked his evening meal in his rig.  It's furnished with a fridge, freezer and an oven.  He put together a casserole with pasta, hamburger, taco mix, five kinds of cheese, black beans and tomatoes with chiles.  When a person sees trucks on the interstates, we don't have any idea what their lives are like and what they do to live away from home.  These guys go cross country all the time.  Find it really interesting.

Time for a coffee refill.  This week my goal is to finish the book Russka, so I can courteously return it to its owner.  Sharing books is fun, 'specially when we readers live under the same roof.   

No comments:

Post a Comment