Saturday, January 8, 2022

DOS RIOS HEAT AND EAT TACO MEAT

It was Taco Friday at our house last night.  Gotta share a new discovery at our local Kwik Star.  We saved the wrapper......

Dos Rios
Heat and Eat
 Taco Meat with Sauce
The fully cooked  and seasoned taco meat comes in a 1-lb. frozen tube.  Simply thaw, heat and serve.  For less than $3, hey, it's a go from now on when we want to treat ourselves to tacos.

Beside the taco meat and hard shells, our toppings included lettuce, chopped onions, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapeno peppers and Ortega's hot taco sauce.  We didn't have tomatos.

Even though hard shell tacos are a bit messy to hold and eat, we still prefer them over the soft shell.  We don't dislike soft shell.  Sometimes we make taco salads and put lettuce, taco meat and the rest of the toppings on a plate and top with crushed spicy taco chips.  Anyway you slice it, tacos make a fun meal.

This taco meat would be good mixed with melted cheese for a dip, could even add Rotel.  Lots of ideas come to mind for ways to use it.  Chalk it up to another perk in the wonderful world of convenience.  

Oh, by the way, Dos Rios translates to Two Rivers.  They're on Facebook, for more serving ideas.

Thank you, Kwik Star!

7 comments:

  1. been buying that taco meat in a tube at K.S. for quite a while now - don't mess buying hard shells and I don't care for soft; use tostitos or doritos and just make taco salads............. yum.....use mild sauce though - don't know how you tolerate the hot sauce but you are one hot mama)! LOL
    M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been getting this brand at Kwik for a no. of years. Husband says its very good as I never cared for taco's. He says the hotter the better! Now just how does he mean that!!! My only order is Chicken Burrito's with white cheese sauce. Enjoying reading your blog as always. This weather of late sure makes it easy to stay home, doesn't it? Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, girls. Where the blazes have I been that I didn't know about this taco meat before? My great-niece and niece work at Kwik Star and said that this goes on sale in the summer. They also have tubes of Manwich meat. As you can tell, it doesn't take much to excite me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!! (giggle)

    Mary Ann, tell Jean I'm with him on the hotter the better.......at this stage of life, that applies only to tacos!!!!!! (giggle)

    Thanks for sticking with me and reading my posts. Knowing that, makes it more fun for me.

    Stay warm, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it once and wasn't impressed. I must be missing something. Guess I will try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing Kwik Star is a quick-stop kind of store. Haven't heard of Fareway either. Must be a Mid-Western chain.
    What's Rotel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we have Kwik Star and Kwik Trip, virtually the same branch in different states. Two of my nieces work for the chain of Kwik Star, and it's an excellent employer. Have two of them in town and talk is a third may be coming closer to our side of town. When we were first married, Dale worked for the local Fareway Store. Think some states have 'Fairway' stores.

    ReplyDelete