Wednesday, January 31, 2024


The 6 p.m. bell is ringing.  Got up this morning quite early, wrote a lengthy blog, and when it was finished, I deleted it.  Some days I go overboard with my transparency.  The topic was integrity and the lack thereof.  


After that, I searched the web for a picture of a Chinese tea field and a photo of the Bedouin way of pouring tea for the display case.  Their way of pouring tea is holding the pot way above the cup as this photo shows.  By doing this they air the tea and that creates a foam.  This is repeated two or three times before serving that glass of tea for each guest to enjoy.  You can see the foam in this photo.

The Chinese tea field that we're using for the display is this one which shows people picking the tea leaves in the tea fields. 

Tea Fields
Don't know what it is about the eastern cultures that fascinates me.  Maybe because their customs are so different from ours, it only makes sense to educate oneself.  In many ways we pale in comparison.  Oh, I know there are laws that we don't agree with, but the people have to abide by them.  That's when I appreciate the freedoms that I've known my whole life.  

The boyfriend made us a batch of chili for supper, and I gave him a haircut.  He has a Venny council meeting in the morning at 10, and after that we'll maybe go out for lunch.  The weather is forecast to be unseasonably warm.  A couple sat out on one of the lawn benches for quite a while this afternoon.  

Got an invitation to Buffy's house on Friday at 5.  I'm SO happy that we'll be getting the little four pounds of sugar again in February.  

Am off to the circus for a bowl of piping hot chili topped with grated cheddar cheese and hot pepper flakes.  Sometimes I put on more toppings, but that's all for tonight, along with a Diet Coke.  We've been having an after-supper snack of an apple dipped in peanut butter.  

Nite-nite.  

2 comments:

  1. Would have loved to have read your thoughts on integrity!!

    Also, am not sure I could hit thr cup from that far up ;-) m…

    ReplyDelete
  2. M......oh, the post that I deleted was a doozy. It was that voice inside my head that nudged me to press the delete button.

    ReplyDelete