Thursday, February 1, 2024

Yesterday I read something that clicked new thoughts inside my brain.  This happened while watching a video made in Iran.  A gentle and generous man who helps the nomads was talking to a couple of young men.  He explained that, yes, death is inevitable.  We are given life so we can see what the world is like.  I'd never thought of life this way before.  Yet, his words are spot on.  The day we are born, we are blessed with the opportunity to see the world and hopefully make the most of the adventure.  

This tells us that we who have lived seven decades are truly blessed.  We are given the privilege of seeing and feeling more than someone whose life span was short.  Every day we get to see more of the world....natural wonders, human personalities and achievements, cultural diversity, sights and sounds, the uncountable pieces of the beautiful mosaic.  Each time we can enlighten our thinking, we grow wiser.  I've got to train my brain to keep on creating, acquiring more understanding, and use all my acquisitions in helping others.  It's not necessary that we move a mountain or a hill.  If we move a pebble, that's enough.  Just so long as we foster goodness while we are here seeing what the world is like.

Every problem has a resolution, and it's like a puzzle for us to find a way to solve our problems.  Most of life we can't figure out or understand, and that's because parts of the puzzle are for the Creator Only.  If the classic masters couldn't find the answers, we probably ought not to pound our heads against the same stone wall.  Instead, our part is to realize, recognize and enjoy.  

This fresh approach to my thoughts about life comes from another culture in Iran.  We get wrapped up in our own mundane thoughts and don't reach out to see what others are thinking.  I value fresh ideas from wherever and whoever.  

Our plans for today have changed.  Instead of both of us going for lunch and running errands, the boyfriend is flying solo.  This will give me time to finish up with my part of the Teapot Display.  There's really nowhere we want to go for lunch.  There's a pea soup fog outside, and that will keep us from going out of town.

Today is the 1st of February.  It was on February 1, 1865, that Abraham Lincoln signed the 13th Amendment outlawing slavery in the United States.  My phone calculator tells me this was only 81 years before I was born.  

Time to tie up loose ends.  I tend to fret when something is nearly completed and it sits and stares at me.  A person would think that by now I wouldn't have to keep on disciplining myself.  Guess maybe that's part of the gig.   

No comments:

Post a Comment