Thursday, April 14, 2022

Spent yesterday creating a sun catcher for my sister-in-law.  Going to their home for Easter dinner.  She'd given me beads in the past, so wanted to make sure she got one of my creations.  Got out all my supplies again.  Can't make anything without making a mess.  Went to my friend's unit the other day, and her hobby is sewing.  Was so happy to see her sewing machine set up on their table, along with a bunch of fabric, and all things a seamstress needs to bring her designs to life.  We laugh that we're messy bessies and drive our boyfriends nuts.  

Found a pattern for wiggly crochet.  Guess it's been around for a long time.  Watched a YT video tutorial where a lady did an excellent job of teaching the technique, plus she posted a pattern she'd made.  Took a picture of the pattern with my phone for easy reference.  My crochet thread supply is low, but have quite a bit of the Sugar & Cream off-white thread left over from when I made the patio door valance.  Think I'm going to use that for my first try.  Am sure the finished product is prettiest when different colors are used, like the picture shows.

It's so nice when people share their patterns online and don't charge for them.  It's another way that our lives touch one another in a very positive way.  The lady I watched had drawn out the pattern, how to make the wiggly stitches.  If my trial run turns out, then will invest in multi-colored yarns to make one like the picture shows.  

The boyfriend visited a thrift store looking for vintage spoons to make his rings with, when he spotted a frame that'll be perfect for my vintage key project.  The picture was originally bought at Kohl's for $35, price tag on back, is still just like new, and he bought it at the thrift store for $1.50.  It's how we rock.

Think am going to have to start the wiggly thing in a few minutes here.  The challenge is literally driving me to the edge of the cliff.  If and when there's a finished product, a photo will be posted.  

3 comments:

  1. I'll wager your suncatcher turned out beautifully.
    Have not heard of wiggly crochet before but sounds quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: I checked one YouTube video on the subject of wiggly crochet. Pretty result. Doesn't look too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, have the base crocheted and am starting on first wiggly row. It's fun once a person understands where to put the stitches. Don't know how I never heard or saw this pattern before, but guess it's been around for a long time. Would make adorable hostess gifts or just anytime gifts. Am doing this first one in one color, the off-white, but think the variety of colors gives it the pizazz.

    ReplyDelete