Sunday, April 17, 2022

EASTER BLESSINGS

 Our Easter dinner yesterday at Dale's brother's place was absolutely the best.  Menu was grilled rib eye steaks, garlic shrimp, plain shrimp, re-stuffed potatoes, grilled fresh asparagus, garlic toast, fresh fruit salad, cherry kolaches, deviled eggs, and for dessert we had a family favorite chocolate fluff and Woolworth's cheesecake.  Oh, and before we ate, classy Bloody Marys were served and sipped.

They live on an acreage, and in the last couple of days three baby calfies were born.  I named the mother of one Rainbow a couple of years ago, and yesterday I was asked to name her baby...with a name starting with R.  Thought and thought and then Raspberry popped into my head.  So, one of the calfies is Raspberry.  I'm an aunt to more animals than I am to humans.  Think the animals like me more, too.  (giggle)

Our dear sister-in-law made a special batch of pickles so she could send three jars home with me.  They are a recipe she got from my mother, and she knows how we love 'em.  Isn't that sweet?  She also sent us Easter candies plus a doggie bag (not an appropriate name for steak, potatoes, desserts and garlic bread) so we could have another meal today.  We're blessed.

Millie, Maggie and Me
Both of us slept in this morning til 10 o'clock.  We're having a restful day, just the two of us.  After yesterday's love fest with Millie and Maggie, I'm ready to sit back finish crocheting the wiggly trivet and start reading a new book that was left by our door last evening.  My reading buddy out here left Conan Doyle's writings that were unrelated to Sherlock Holmes.  Can't wait to sink my eyes into that one now. 

Came home yesterday with more old jewelry that Debbie gave me.  She liked the sun catcher I gave her.  Now I've got more jewelry to take apart, wash and use the beads for my own designs.  

Sun's shining this morning.  Nice Easter morn.  With that said, am sending bunny hugs out to all my faithful followers.  Appreciate each and every one of you.     

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you both had a delightful day and good nourishment. Din-Din sounds so delicious.
    I like the story about Rainbow and Raspberry.

    Her name sort of reminds me of Kizzy, her husband, Huckleberry and her little Blueberry.

    Enjoy reading and look forward to pics of whatever you assemble with the jewelry, beads and keys.

    I have a ham in the oven. My younger daughter and my granddaughter will be over. We're celebrating my birthday today with cake and ice cream for dessert.

    ReplyDelete