Friday, September 27, 2024

FIRST DRAWING PROJECT

At 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon, I began my drawing lessons.  Mainly learned the two methods of moving one's hand and moving one's arm when drawing straight lines, wavy lines, parallel lines and spiral circles.  The individual project assigned was to use those kinds of lines and spirals to draw an abstract piece.  She compared our project to zentangle, and I love zentangle. 

Zentangle is an art therapy that helps one relax and focus.  It's not only great for one's mental health, but it's fun and brings out a creativity in us we may not know exists.  A friend of mine introduced me to zentangle a few years ago, and I was amazed at the concept.  I personally think of it as meditative.  Actually, when I started with this drawing class, I totally forgot about zentangle.  My plan is to buy a sketch pad that will be strictly for doodling tangles.

I'm attaching a picture of my first drawing project, using wavy lines, parallel lines, spirals and straight lines.  The art teacher told us to use our imagination and have fun with it.  So, that's what I did and this is what I came up with.....

Project No. 1
One thing for certain, there's no right and wrong with doing zentangle.  It's basically a form of doodling that relaxes the mind and body.  One gets pulled into it, to where nothing else matters.  I guess that's the whole purpose of our creative spirit.....and we all have one, we just have to find it and bring it alive.  

2 comments: