Tuesday, April 30, 2024

PATIENT SURVIVED SURGERY

Update on our friend who underwent open-heart surgery yesterday.  A few minutes ago he called me on the cell phone and is back to his same self, firing his crazy wordy arrows at me.  Whew!  Cannot believe modern medicine.  24 hours ago he was being taken into the operating room.  We're going up tomorrow to see him, will take his partner up with us.  Then will go up again on Saturday to bring him home....... or dump him in the ditch somewhere along the way.  (That's the kind of humor we volley back and forth.)

Yesterday, during surgery, a silence screamed here.  Getting text updates during surgery helped.  When our friend called me this morning, I told him how upset I was.  His response?  He said the surgery didn't bother him a bit.  If he woke up, fine.  If he didn't, that was okay, too.  Just like going to bed at night.  He's right.  Every day is a miniature life and every night is a miniature death.  

Well, April is almost a memory.  Tomorrow is May Day.  I had some thought of making May baskets for our Venny family, but that fizzled along with other of my intentions.  With our friend's heart business, I just didn't feel festive.  One must go with our emotions, not fight them.  Anyway, that's what I've learned.  

The boyfriend will be going to pick up vittles at our local grocery store.  I'm on a taco salad kick, so I need lettuce.  Wonder how many heads of lettuce I've eaten in the last year.  Either taco salad or veggie salad.  Just love em.  My taco salads are topped with crushed Hot Doritos and hot Ortega taco sauce.  The boyfriend wonders about me sometimes, just shakes his head.  

Sun is shining, the rains have moved out of this area.  But, we were blessed with moisture and spared the tornadic winds that destroyed other places.  This is the time of year when tornado warnings are frequent.  We have a weather alert system in our home, plus Venny has us connected by phone to storm warnings.  What on earth did we do before the smart phone?  I'm thinking it might be a good idea to put mine with me in my burial box just in case.  

Ta-ta.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your friend made it through and is in such good spirits and state of mind as he is.
    He was on your mind. There will be other May Days.

    ReplyDelete