Saturday, April 27, 2024

A soft tongue licked my face at 3 a.m. this morning.  Guess who?  Yup, Buffy decided that I should be awake.  Having been through this sort of thing before with my own puppies in the past, I simply got up, made a pot of coffee, and started my day a few hours early.  

True to her nature, once I got my cheaters on and started turning pages, Buffy curled up in a ball and fell fast asleep.  She had it in her head that I should be awake and that she should sleep.  About 5 o'clock, I turned off the light and fell asleep.  Yup, the soft tongue was back licking my face.  I've now been up for 9 hours and it's only noon.  No ear buds have been eaten, but she did manage to gnaw on the bottom edge of a book.  

Received word this morning that our Venny friend will be having heart bypass surgery Monday.  He is giving my number to the staff so we'll get updates as surgery progresses.  Will be going up the day after surgery, taking his partner with us.  It's good to have the problem identified and rectified.  

Our area got another beautiful rainfall yesterday.  Some places got .5" and others .9".  Every drop is a blessing.  Our patio door is open....nothing like breathing in spring's cool fresh air.  

Am reading A History of God, in an effort to understand the fighting in the Mid-East.  Already I read that after Abraham's wife, Sara, died he bought land in Hebron, now the West Bank.  Abraham was buried there.  SO, that's gotta be one reason for the endless conflict.  I still don't understand the Palestinian business, but hopefully my questions will get answered.  

Nothing newsworthy.  

2 comments:

  1. i read your blog daily, tho I don't always respond.
    Heard Iowa is having bad tornadoes. Any near you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're currently under a tornado watch. Might be more south of us.

    ReplyDelete