Sunday, April 21, 2024

THE PALE BLUE DOT

 

On February 14, 1990, NASA's Voyager 1 snapped this photo of the Earth from 3.7 billion miles away.  This is our home planet as it really is----"a tiny, lonely outpost of life in an incomprehensibly vast cosmos."  This photo is known as The Pale Blue Dot. 

As of December 13, 2023, (four months ago) Voyager 1 was the farthest spacecraft from Earth at about 15 billion miles away.  

This photo, more than anything, has had a huge impact on my thinking.  Just imagine how insignificant we are if the planet we live on is simply a tiny speck in the cosmic ocean. 

I believe that our pondering is like praying.  Pondering opens our minds like plowing snow off the road opens the roadway for travel.  When our minds are clear, we're more likely to receive fresh insight and be able to expand our understanding of life. 

#753
.....The sun shines brightly, casting rainbows on the walls as it hits the beaded sun  catchers.  The boyfriend is in need of a haircut, so I get to place dangerous objects close to his head in an effort to make him behave.  (giggle)  Other than that, our day will be one of r & r.  Yesterday I gave myself a pedicure, bringing out the summer shades of nail polish.  Opted for a pale green.  My favorite nail polish is Essie.  It dries in 1-2 minutes, and the colors are what we baby boomers call 'cool.'  Being I go barefooted 90% of the time, my toties need to be polished.  Toe rings are fun, too.  Have a couple of them and think I'll get a couple more.  Gotta incorporate a bit of silliness into my days.

Best bucket along.  Ta-ta till the morrow.     

No comments:

Post a Comment