Saturday, April 6, 2024

SEVEN-LAYER SALAD

First things first.  I'm a bit late in posting today, cuz other things needed my time.  Important things.

The sun is shining.  The boyfriend went out for some groceries.  We're heading to the G-clan tomorrow, one of our nephew's homes.  I'll be taking a 7-layer lettuce salad.  When I make it, there ends up being more than 7 layers.  First, I break up lettuce in a bowl, chopped green onions, celery, a layer of mayonnaise, then frozen peas, topped with chopped hard boiled eggs, pieces of real bacon, grated cheese.  My secret ingredient is about a Tablespoon of sugar, along with salt and pepper.  Refrigerate overnight.  Then stir right before serving.  Best salad ever to hit the human kingdom!

How 'bout those Iowa basketball players?  They're scheduled to play tomorrow at 3 and we're invited out for noon dinner.  We just might be making a flying trip to be with our biological family and hurrying back to watch the game at Venny.  Sometimes a person just has to spread oneself a bit thin to make things work.  Our nephew is making a deep-fried turkey, and there's no way we aren't going to be present for such a heart-warming invitation.  Our two nephews are two adorable guys, and I'm their mushy auntie.  

Am waiting for the boyfriend to return home before eating lunch.  Asked him to buy a loaf of whole grain bread and olive loaf from the deli.  Slap a slice of cheese with the olive loaf, and that makes a mighty fine sammi.  I offered to make a pizza for supper, but the boyfriend sez he's making fried chicken finished in the oven.  It's a recipe his Gramma used to make where she put evaporated milk on top of the fried chicken and then baked in the oven.  It's way too good.  Chicken thighs are on sale, and we take the bones out.  I'm making myself very hungry.

Ta-ta for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment