Monday, November 27, 2023

I've waited until darkness set in to write today's post.  The boyfriend ran errands, while I stayed home.  Recently I was given a small ceramic dog and asked to repaint it.  The piece is only about 5" tall.  After agreeing, I wasn't quite sure what the gal had in mind.  So, I texted and asked.  The reply said she didn't care and said I should go wild with it.  OMG.  When someone tells me that, I throw the cards in the air and think miles and miles outside the box.  Before starting, the boyfriend insisted he take a picture of me and the ceramic puppy.....

This shows a bath towel on our kitchen island, with my paint brushes.  I'm afraid to say what I did to this poor little dog, but it's no longer white trimmed with black.  It's now brown and will be adding hints of red and black, like a real dog might look.  Sometimes I get too brave.

Also started making a little gnome out of yarn.  Found the pattern on YT.  Didn't finish it, cuz I just didn't feel like it.  Maybe tomorrow.  Think it'll be cute as a bug, but it's a lot of piddly work.  

The boyfriend brought me five pomegranates, so I'm happy as a lark.  Just love to treat myself to one after supper during the evening hours.  I did a quick google, and found that pomegranates can have up to three times more antioxidants than green tea or red wine.  Antioxidants protect our cells from damage caused by free radicals and reduce inflammation.  Studies suggest that pomegranates can help protect your heart in many ways, such as lowering blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels.  Eating pomegranates on a daily basis can be an excellent aid for your immunity and fight Type-2 diabetes.  Pomegranates are categorized as a superfood.

We're having a rotisserie chicken for supper.  

That's about all there is from my corner of the world.  And, it's only 28 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment