Friday, March 31, 2023

Yesterday's trolley turned out to be one fun-filled day for us.

Ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant.  Not the buffet kind that we're used to, but rather a plate with whatever dish you order, plus fried rice and either a crab rangoon or an egg roll, and choice of soup.  My boyfriend ordered the Mongolian Beef and I the  Almond Chicken.  It was a very nice experience, the restaurant is super clean and the atmosphere very welcoming.  Reasonable prices, fast service, good food.....another go-to place for us.  While sitting in the booth, I took this photo of the playful Panda picture on the wall.....

After lunch, we drove to another town to a furniture store.  Ended up buying three Lazy-Boy recliners to replace our 3-section couch and my retirement recliner.  The color is Granite.  It's difficult to tell the actual color under the store's fluorescent lighting.  We're excited for the change, which is all part of what I'm calling the seven-year-spiff-up!

In our storage we have a tied vibrantly colored quilt that my mother made.  Am hopefully going to donate it to the Indian Missions in South Dakota.  My heart simply cannot dispose of it.  When I think of the hours she invested in making the quilt, well, there just has to be a way for someone to benefit from its warmth.  My friend is checking with the local Catholic Church for my instructions on how to get it to the person in charge of collecting donated items for the mission.

Awhile back I became the owner of a rosemaled clock in green and orange.  Being I'm not a lover of the color orange, my intention is to repaint it to go in the main bedroom.  (I have a problem with calling it a Master Bedroom, just cuz it sounds too poshy for us!)  Am not sure the boyfriend is fond of the clock, but it was I who could not let it again "be disposed of."  If I bring something home, it's gotta be something that will serve a purpose.  Plus, I've been wanting to get my acrylics out and do some painting.  This would be a perfect opportunity.  The first step is deciding what color will replace the orange flowers.  I've never liked the color orange, but I love eating oranges.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment