Sunday, March 26, 2023

Cuddy's stay with us was extended one more day.  Whew!  His daddy is picking him up later this afternoon.  Spoke with his daddy, and they have more getaways on the calendar, so our little man will be returning toward the end of April.  

Don't know if I've written about this before or not, but we lost our 1099 forms for income tax prep.  Another bump in the road, don'tcha know.  So, I set up online accounts with Social Security, and activated a LOGIN.gov sign-in option for government sites.  Printed off the replacement 1099 and tomorrow will get our tax papers in the mail.  

Am always relieved to check another task off my list.  Now that we're in the process of spring cleaning here and doing a 7-year spiff-up, I need a list to follow so we tackle one thing each day.  

Must get my hair chopped off, hopefully before Easter.  Will get hold of the gal who comes to the Venny Salon so she can schedule me in.  We're invited up to our nephew's home for dinner on the 8th of April.  Oh, how I remember what a big deal a new outfit for Easter used to be.  As a little girl, Mom would get me a new hat with a wide ribbon streamer down the back, a new dress, pair of shiny patent leather shoes  and white anklets.  Easter was the only time I remember getting a whole new outfit.

The holidays have changed, and we have changed.  Society has changed, life has changed.  About the only thing that remains is the family gathering on the G-clan side.  Sadly, I don't have a side.  

I put together a spring bouquet for outside our Unit door.  Down in storage I resurrected the blue and white vase that one might say is our most special one.  Also had these spring flowers tucked away in a tote.  Seems like a blink ago that our large Father Christmas adorned our doorway.  Some people put bunnies outside their doors, but I'm not an Easter Bunny person.  Actually, the Easter decorations are my least favorite of any holiday.  Maybe because pastel colors rule, and I'm not a pastel person. 

At one time I had a large stash of fabric flowers, but now these and my orchids are the only ones left.  Everything else has been donated or tossed.  

Best comb my hair and look presentable for when Cuddy's daddy arrives.  He's the nicest guy.  His sweetheart wife is down at her other home in the southern part of the state.  She'll be returning in a week or so.  I'm sure Cuddy will enjoy being with his Daddy again.  

Ta-ta till tomorrow.  Stay well, be happy and find something to laugh about. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the pastels and do a large Easter Village with ceramic houses, bunnies, duckies, teeny-tiny colored eggs my granddaughter likes to hide in the village. Strings of carrot lights, a train or two that pulls up to the station where the News Stand and flower sellers await. All have come to town to color eggs and for the Annual Egg Hunt. Even have a farm with a fence, old-time pump, mailbox, lazy piggy, carrot patch. Bunnies do all kinds of activities around the Village. There's one with a door and a hammer in the pocket of his blue jeans. Another trims shrubs into the shape of a rabbit. One Mama Bunny gives her little one a bubble bath in preparation for the Easter Parade with "the" Bunny on a unicycle; flutists and trumpet players hold their instruments. A pond of blue lame (water) surrounded by small white rocks awaits the water skiers, hikers, egg bridges cross over to the Bunny Park with swings and teeter totters like the ones by the watering can school. There's grass, trees with birds and nests and butterflies. So much more, including an amusement park with a merry-go-round and hinged homes.
    I also set out a needlepointed lamb, bunny, ducks I made years ago.
    We trim a small be-ribboned tree with eggs and ornaments.
    Just a snippet of my Easter decorations.

    I like your vase of spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I remember your Easter Village. You've mentioned it before to me. I'd love to sere it, cuz truly don't think I've ever actually seen a spring village. Aren't villages fun? Yours sounds precious and brings you joy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had mentioned it. When I set it up, I'll send a pic. I have a Fall one I also enjoy with two barns, pumpkins, scarecrows, spooks, cider mill, chickens, leaves. Yes, Villages are fun.

    ReplyDelete