Tuesday, March 14, 2023

 Am exhausted from a day of wrestling with my printer and internet connection.  I'm working directly with the company who installed our new system that has a tiny glitch somewhere.  My role is to inform the times of internet disconnects so as to develop a timeline to present to the manufacturers of the individual components.  A change was made yesterday, and today my printer wouldn't work.  To say the least, my blood pressure soared, and my level of angst rose in tandem.  About ten minutes ago, shortly before 8 p.m., I was able to solve my end of the problem.  Had to uninstall my printer, reinstall it so it connects to the network.  Finally got it to work.  Somewhere in between the boyfriend fixed me two of his vodka-grapefruit juice whammers.  Guess that's what it took!

The boyfriend also fixed our supper of spaghetti-shrimp Alfredo with garlic toast.  Goodness, how yummy was that.  Now, I'm done for the day, only to spend the remaining evening hours on You Tube watching whatever sounds interesting.  Like always, I ate too much for supper and now feel like Orca.  Nothing changes.  My life battle continues.  

Tomorrow at 11 I meet with the business manager to present my initial revised draft of the guide book.  I'm ready for my presentation.  Has been a few years since I have done something like this, and gotta say it's kinda fun.  However, I do realize that everything takes more effort than it used to, and my tolerance level is far less than it used to be.  

Nothing earth-shaking happening in our corner of the planet.  Today's weather was cold, but sunny.  Cuddy's parents are on their way from Florida heading to Oklahoma.  My little boy will be leaving us in a couple of weeks after having been our pride and joy since December.  We're going to schedule him in for a hair cut so he's nice and freshly groomed when they return home.  That will eliminate them having to take him in to the groomer.  I'm contemplating my emotions when I see them put his leash on and lead him out of our Venny unit.  I'm such a mush, it will be a wet parting for sure.

Lots of craziness in the news every day, but I shall refrain from commenting.  I try with all my might to avoid the news media, sort of like a prescription for sanity.  Ta-ta till I return.  

2 comments:

  1. I tell myself I am not going to watch the news but am drawn to it. I have to be informed and most time it gets me riled up. Makes my blood boil, I get so upset. But still, I have to be in the know. Crazy isn't it. What a crazy mixed-up world this is. My dad especially would be rolling in his grave if he knew all the s..t that is going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I totally agree. Some days I literally cannot believe what I hear and wonder if all this is a bad dream. Whatever happened to our country and way of life here. Makes it easier for us to leave "the scene of the crime." Whatcha think???

    ReplyDelete