Friday, March 3, 2023

The creative juices finally woke up, and I spent yesterday working as a hooker.  Yup, I crocheted from morning til nighttime making comfort crosses.  To make one cross, two need to be made so I can stuff and stitch them together.  Boy, when the juices dry up, or refuse to budge, that makes it doubly difficult to complete obligations.  Regardless, this has officially been declared CC Weekend.  Today, tomorrow and the day after will be spent hooking and stitching.  Have to admit that I've been stuck in, and sucked up by, emotional quick sand.

I crocheted all the way to our friend's doctor appointment and all the way back home.  Car crocheting is very relaxing and makes for quick travel.  Time flies when my hands and head are busy.  Am not a person who exercises my body, yet I can't just sit still without doing something......read....sew....crochet....work puzzles....study....anything that exercises the brain.  

Another eBay buy arrived in the mail, Spinoza's book of Ethics.  This will be another branch of philosophical writing to add to my classical reads.  The print is small and light and will require my cheaters to magnify the words.  My dry eyes have been driving me crazy the last few days.  Perhaps it's my fault for not using the Systane ointment before bed for three nights.  Just enough to set me back.  Don't know why a person gets careless like that.  


 Went to Sam's Club and walked the entire store, pushing a cart.  When I'm in that store I search for unusual items that we'd enjoy eating.  This time I found a bag of Havarti and Gouda cheese bars that are wrapped individually like the mini hershey bars.  Also bought a container of organic Aussie Bites.  They're made with rolled oats, dried apricots, raisins, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, honey, shredded coconut and other stuff.  Nutritionally, they contain 130 calories each, 7 grams fat, 2 grams  protein, 2 grams fiber and 8 grams sugar.  Figure they are nutritious and I can attest to them being quite tasty.  Just enough to make my sweet tooth a happy tooth.  The cheese bars are perfect treats, as well.  Also bought two loaves of hard crust grain breads that are over-the-top delish.  Those were my latest Sam's purchases.

We don't have a Sam's membership, but our friends do.  They scanned their card and we paid for our own with our credit card.  Otherwise, we'd not be able to shop there.

Best get back to crocheting.  Think I'll keep making crosses today and devote Saturday and Sunday to stuffing and sewing them together by hand.  It's good to have a plan.  Guess I work best with a blueprint cuz it keeps me on task.

Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment