Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Winter Storm Thu/Thu Night: Heavy Snow, Travel Impacts

A winter storm will impact the region Thursday through Thursday night, bringing several inches of snow to the region. Travel will be impacted, potentially severely for some locations. Read More >

 Looks like a winter storm is heading our way.  We're settled in, and hopefully won't need to leave home for a few days.

Tonight we're invited for supper with Venny friends.  Tomorrow night we're invited for supper with Venny friends.  Both places have extended special invitations to Cuddy.  He's our little house mascot.

It was Dale's suggestion that he make chocolate-covered strawberries to take tonight.  One of the local stores had strawberries on sale, and he knows how I love them drenched in chocolate.  

I've started revamping and retyping the Venny Handbook.  This is a volunteer offer on my part.  It's something the council wants done, and it's easy to see our office manager's workload is beyond maxed.  I've got the word to tackle it however I want, and it's gonna be one of those tasks where one throws all 52 cards in the air and let them land where they may.  This gives me a chance to transition narrative into a bullet points, categorize and simplify.  

The sun's shining now.  As I look over at the Christmas Cactus, I see a couple new buds of pink.  The sun-catchers are glittering in the patio door.  

Today's Tao topic is Scars.  "It is often easier to give up a bad habit than to recover from the incisions of others' hurtfulness."  We must persevere through our days and try to acquire as few new problems as possible.  That's a whole lot easier said than done in 2023 following a global pandemic, an era of random mass shootings, social media intimidation, and a division among us like we've not before experienced.  A person can walk out the door and be faced with another new problem that we had no part in creating.  I think of it like my plate is already full, and I refuse to pile food on top of food.  Rather would scrape off and dispose.  

Best get moving.  Ta-ta and be good to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment