Saturday, October 29, 2022

HALLOWEEN PIZZA

What a beautiful morning!  Mabel and Zebrina are soaking up the sunshine, as are the jeweled suncatchers hanging on the patio door.  Rainbows and polka dots situate themselves on the walls and furniture.  

Yesterday was one of my domestic days.  Part of the G-clan came over for pizza before a local college scrimmage, so I put together a Halloween veggie pizza.  The boyfriend snapped a couple photos of me designing the spiders out of large black olives......



Today will be a kick back day, with sports on the telly for the boyfriend, and me with my usual.  Leftover pizza will our menu, so neither of us will spend time in the kitchen.  

We're inches away from November.  Seems when November arrives, the holiday season officially kicks into gear.  Family gatherings are planned.  Society's pace dictates for advance planning.....tis not easy to corral an entire family under one roof anymore.  Makes it difficult to know which invitation to honor.  Holidays leave a lot of sadness and hurt in their tracks.  

Sometimes I watch the airport scene during the holidays, people traveling from state to state, state to country, and I sigh a relief that our only obligation will be to stay at home.  Missed flights and canceled flights would drive me nuts.  Only once did I personally experience a missed flight and the process of rescheduling with layover.  The upside to waiting in an airport is people-watching.  Can remember one couple from the Mideast sitting near us.  The dynamics between the female and male helped me understand their cultural background.  The world is a school for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Busy times.
    Our small village is having a Trunk or Treat Get Together on Main Street at the moment and from pics I've seen, it's crowded and packed. Line to go down through is long. It's scheduled to go from 12-3, might last longer, then hayrides and games in the park. Fun times.
    Oldest granddaughter and her Mom did a 5K again today and the former drove. Mom said she did well. I can hardly believe I have two grands learning to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I stop to think of our nephews and nieces ages, man does the scare syndrome kick in. Somber thoughts hover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Ann.....hi, thanks. How are things on your end of the stick?

    ReplyDelete