Monday, October 24, 2022

TINY TIDY TASK

Up early, made coffee, turned on lights and snuggled with my book in the recliner.  No rainbows dancing on our walls today, tis cloudy with light rain.  

Boyfriend has a council meeting at 1 this afternoon.  He missed the last one, cuz we thought it was to start at 10, but started at 9.  I'm the one who keeps the online calendar, so I'd say we can chalk up another one on my naughty list.  Was funny how one of the other council members emailed him this morning with a reminder that today's meeting is at 1.  

Got quite windy last evening, so brought in our ceramic pumpkin and the gnomes.  Didn't want 'em blowing over and breaking.  

A new prime minister has been elected in the UK.  Is this the first time a man with Indian roots has been elected as prime minister of the UK?  Interesting, indeed.

My intense interest in philosophy is being fed by Sophie's World.  I was never able to keep the three classical philosophers straight.  Who came first?  Well, now through word association I have a way to remember.  SPA.  First came Socrates, then Plato, and then Aristotle.  

Each day I try to do one tiny task to tidy, and today is to wash all of my crocheted potholders that live in the kitchen drawer next to the stove.  We use them also as trivets.  They're practically indestructible.  Maybe I should get back to crocheting and make a few sets to give away.  Plus, it'll give me a chance to use up some of my scant yarn supply.  There was a time when I could've filled a semi with my yarn and yarn remnants, but no more.  The thrift store became my beneficiary when we moved.  When Covid hit, that put a halt to my making comfort crosses for the rest home.  Life is like a flowing river, constantly changing.  It's such a blessing to finally reach the point where a person can just kick back and go with the flow.  

The lights went out for a bit last night during the storm.  Our cable network went down, as well.  Without Wi-Fi, we're lost.  The boyfriend worked sudoku puzzles, and I read my book.  The lights simply went out for a few seconds and then came back on.  To think, there was a time in history when homes had only candles to light the darkness.  Are we blessed, or what?

3 comments:

  1. We are blessed!
    In so many ways, blessings abound.
    I have so much yarn, in various weights, plies, colors. I could supply a store with my crochet hooks and a myriad of knitting needles: circulars, straights, interchangeables, double points, fixed and in every size from 13 down. Above a 13 really hurts my hands to use. Some I have in one size, some sizes in many ways: aluminum, plastic, bamboo, cable. Plus, I still have all my Mom's needles and hooks in the curly maple tool box look-alike Dad made for her. Accessories - let's just say I'm blessed. A man needs his tools. A woman does, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apty said, my dear. On my dresser stands a pint-size jar, and it's filled with my crochet hooks....or what's left of them. Think it's awesome that you have your mother's crochet hooks. In all the bustles after she passed away, I have no idea what happened to them. The curly maple took box your Dad made is a treasure. Don't think I could ever part with something my daddy made for me, but sadly don't have anything. We've both been very blessed.

    ReplyDelete