Thursday, November 3, 2022

BREAK OF DAY

It's 8 o'clock as my fingers hit the keys this morning.......a glorious break of day awaited me.

Photo taken from our balcony
Have not posted for a few days, because I've followed the Parkland Florida School Shooter's sentencing.  All of my personal reactions to the four-month-long sentencing hearing were spot on....as one by one the victim family members addressed the killer for the last time.  The victim families were under such rigid rules during the four months, and with a life-sentence verdict for killing 17 and injuring 17, they let the killer know his claim of fame is now over.  

Honestly, this had to be the most dramatic courtroom behavior I've ever seen.  One of the defense lawyers flipped the bird on the judge.  The judge was so strong in her demeanor so as not to give the defense an excuse for a mistrial.  For those of us who thrive on courtroom drama in the movies and books, this real-life circus should have had an admittance fee.  

Well, Mabel is blossoming.

Dark pink blossom lower front
Interesting to note that as Mabel sits in front of the balcony door, only half of her gets the sun.  Only that half of her is filled with buds.  Note to self:  either turn the plant around or put the whole thing in the sun.  Dah!

Today is a special day for us.  First, Cuddy returns at 9 a.m. with his suitcase for another 2-week vacation at his private resort.  I absolutely cannot wait for my cuddly little Cuddy to be returned to our custody.  Our home isn't complete without him.

At 1 o'clock we're invited to a Friendsgiving dinner hosted by our friends' daughter, who's home from out east.  Our friends live down the hall from us.  Have been reading about this newly named holiday---Friendsgiving---growing in popularity.  We are honored to have received this invitation.  Our friends will be leaving for Arizona in a couple of weeks.  It's funny how a person is content when everyone is tucked away in their homes, and when they leave there's a definite void.  The older I've gotten the more I've turned into a homing pigeon.

While I've been away from the keys, I've been updated on my estranged family's situation.  Personally don't care for the word 'estranged,`' but its definition applies: "having lost former closeness and affection:  in a state of alienation from a previous close or familial relationship."  I make note of this only for the purpose of my blogs being published into a book that records my life, day to day.  

This is the month where we are given a holiday to stop to say thank you for all the goodness we receive.  That's not an annual event for me, but rather daily.  Never does my head hit the pillow without a thank you to My Creator.  I thank My Creator for the good, the bad and the ugly, because everything does make sense in the end.  That's why my personal life philosophy includes a Divine Plan.  It's my opinion that our free will is part of that plan.  Each of our worlds opens up like a lotus flower as the years go by.  Despite all the pain, looking backward I choose to remember and focus on only the good.  And, there's been tons and tons of good.  It's just that the bad and the ugly hurt so much, they make dents that magnify their importance.

Best get going here, cuz the little fuzz bucket will soon be arriving.  Want to get his water bowl out and fill it with cold water.  He's a drinker, you know.  His Heart Guard and flea and tick meds were left here last time and he takes them the first of each month.  I put them on the table so I can give them to him this morning.  

It's good to be back.  Until the morrow, ta-ta.

1 comment:

  1. I've no idea why but this didn't show up until today.
    Mabel likes the sun and she's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete