Tuesday, August 23, 2022

T'is the season of glorious garden abundance.  Our kitchen countertop is covered with fresh ripened red tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini and summer squash.  The price of veggies in the grocery store these days is very expensive, so growing one's own food is like printing one's own money.

Today I share a photo sent to me by my friend, Jeanne, another avid gardener, as well as a preserver of her garden delights......

Thank you, Jeanne!
I often think how incredibly blessed we are to live where the earth's soil is rich and black and fertile.  Not everyone is as fortunate.  It's that business of being mindful of one's gifts and being grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Such color! God really does provide and along with it, color, thus, making fruits and veggies more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many tomatoes, planted 7 plants which is 4 more than I needed. Making soup, juice, sauces and freezing cherry tomatoes in gallon bags. Running out of freezer space and I have a chest style and have boxes and gallon jugs of water to raise stuff up so I can reach. I'm sick of my garden at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden harvest time gets overwhelming. Just too much to deal with all at once.

    ReplyDelete