Tuesday, August 9, 2022

LOSING A FEW MARBLES

Bless me Father, for I have screwed up.

Yesterday two boxes were delivered to our door.  Yup, two.  One was a Chromebook laptop, and the other was a Chromebook laptop.  Boyfriend opened the boxes, and at first we thought there was a mistake made by the seller.  Come to find that somehow (and do not ask me how) there were two orders placed.  Two different order numbers.  Same seller from North Carolina.  Delivered same time.  

Think the boyfriend is wondering about my mental stability, whether it might be a bit wobbly.  He kept saying, it's okay, things like that happen.  Well, things like that don't happen for me.  There is a procedure to paying online, and I didn't repeat the process for two laptops.

After a bit of wallowing in my sorrow, realized that perhaps this might be an act of Providence.  Who knows what's ahead.  Now we have a spare which will be tucked away like the extra tire we keep in the car.  Can't help but still have to listen to that nagging voice in the back of my head that's questioning my cranial functioning.  Drat.  Age is haunting me since my birthday.  Gotta get my crap together and move forward with gusto.  There'll be ample time ahead to grapple with physical and mental infirmities.

Just finished a delish salad with lettuce, green onion, garden tomato, cheddar cheese, french fried onions and raspberry dressing.  Will need to replenish the pantry with more lettuce.  For awhile was buying the pre-cut lettuce in the bags.  Lately am buying the iceberg heads and cutting them up when I bring 'em home and putting them in zip lock bags.  More bang for the buck.  

As long as I'm in the confessional, might as well list all my sins.  Probably a couple months ago I was yipping about super cleaning the bedroom closet and the bedroom in general.  Well, you know me, the super procrastinator, am still fussing about having to do it and haven't gone beyond eliminating a couple minor items.  Don't know what has me frozen, unable and unwilling to get my caboose in gear and get 'er done, like Larry the Cable Man would say.  

Perhaps my best bet is to do this daunting task a little at a time.  Today my baby step is to eliminate ten things from the bedroom, putting them in the 'donate' box.  The clothes that don't fit me right are all gonna go.  The stuff that's too tight and uncomfortable, well, that's all gonna go once and for all.  Why keep them hanging on hangers only to haunt me that my shape may have changed.  Not taller, but wider.    

We have bees buzzing around the deck to the point where we can't sit out there.  They're after the hummingbird nectar, as are the ants.  Just as well, cuz it's too warm and humid to be comfortable out there.  Will wait for fall, which isn't that far off.

That's about it from the bell tower.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering when the Chromebook might arrive. Hmm!
    Your salad sounds delish. There's a restaurant not too far away owned by a chef who used to work at the Biltmore and in hotels in Utah. He makes the most delicious strawberry dressing for salad greens. I've inquired more than once if he would bottle it but the reply is always negative. He could make a bundle selling it. We would probably be some of his best customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette Lite Dressing. Low in calories. High in taste. Bet you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete