Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Donated a couple more of my books to the Venny Library yesterday on my way to the salon to get my ears lowered.  Before going for the chop job, I searched the web for pictures of potential short haircuts.  She's used to me bringing a new picture with each new visit.  Well, the girl aced it this time.  My choice was really short.  Gotta say I'm luvin' it and it feels like me.  

Our intent was to go out for a sandwich supper, but once we sat out on the deck for a bit, both decided on a toddy and burgers on the grill.  Burgers were actually the old-fashioned California burgers with all the trimmings, including fresh garden tomatoes straight from the garden of gods.  Opened a can of Bush's Beans, along with fresh cucumber and onion salad.  There's no restaurant that could've equaled the taste and our enjoyment of the meal.

When my beloved Auntie Evelyn (daddy's sister) passed away, I asked her daughter if I could have one of Evelyn's treasured books of poetry.  She gave me one that I treasure.  Thought this was a perfect time to start on page one and read every poem and save the words that reach my heart and tug at it.  Have always loved reading poetry, and, yes, its quite often difficult to understand.  However, with a little re-reading, a message speaks to the reader.  It may be a totally different message than what the next person may glean from a reading, but that's what's called perception and inspiration.  For me, it's kinda like looking for pretty rocks or seashells on a sandy beach.  When I find words that I love, I pick them up and save them to enjoy again and again.  I treasure words like some women treasure diamonds and rubies and emeralds.  To me, they're life-sustaining.

Another pretty summer day.  Sun's shining and the many shades of earthly greens grace our view of the outdoors.  

Yesterday when I got my hair cut, my stylist shared with me her unfortunate residue from Covid.  She's no longer able to eat most foods, as her taste and smell have changed and not gotten better.  She's gone from a size 14 to a size 10.  As she is learning, this is a global problem, being endured by many after having Covid.  Feel sorry for her, because along with this problem naturally comes depression and anxiety.  I came back home and said a silent prayer thanking high heaven that we have good appetites and can enjoy the taste of foods.  For this gal, the mention of most food nauseates her.  

We hear most every day of people getting Covid, and thus we are cautious about interacting with crowds.  First, we don't like being in crowded places anymore, and, secondly, the main population has gotten lax and carefree about Covid.  It's still all around us, and every person reacts from it in a unique way.  Some, like my hair stylist, suffer every minute of the day, with no guarantee that her senses of taste and smell will ever return.  That's a terrible loss for a young gal in her thirties.

The day awaits.  It's nice not having any appointments.  Will do whatever suits my fancy.......whatever my fancy be.  Till the morrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment