Saturday, May 14, 2022

VEGGIE DIP RECIPE

 During the nighttime, while awake, I pondered how to take out the stitches of my Kawandi attempt without ruining the backing.  Had it all figured out until this morning when I laid the piece out for the final time.  That's when I was plagued with a haunting mantra, "Don't quit."  That's all it took for me to persevere.  Put the frickin' thing on my lap, got out my needle and thread and started at the last stitch to go forward.

Yesterday the back side of the needle poked through my finger beside the fingernail of my right ring finger (next to pinkie).  Ouch!  The more I stitched, the more my flubs became apparent.....this is called the learning process.  Am becoming aware of how NOT to do it next time.  Thought I overheard the boyfriend mumble the word "institutionalized," but it might be my hearing.  

He's heading out to the garden to plant veggies.  The farmer next to us just sprayed the big field and is now discing.  Planting season is upon us.  Sun's shining, so it's a perfect spring day.  

Not a whole lot to write about.  Feels like I'm in Covid isolation, haven't been out of the house for days.  Am too enveloped in Kawandi.  When I get something in my head, it's like a woodtick.  Can't get rid of the darned thing.  It's like my creative juices start dripping out of my ears.

Time for me to write another article for our monthly newsletter.  Had a couple ideas, but they fizzled.  Just might put a recipe in this month.  Cuddie's gramma shared a dip recipe with us, easy peasy, and very d'licious.  Will share it here with my readers........

Veggie Dip

1 cup sour cream

1 c. Miracle Whip

1 T. dry minced onion

1 T garlic salt or 3/4 T garlic powder

1 T parsley flakes

1 T. dill weed

Combine and let stand for a few hours.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you didn't toss your quilt. The backing looked thick. Isn't it possible to pull out your stitchinng so far? Isn't it possible to add, at this juncture, other types of fabric? If Kawandi is to be a mixture of sizes, why not fabric as well?
    Dip sounds super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am learning a lot with this piece. What not to do....and what to do....on the next one. This truly is a wait-and-see project. Kawandi is known for creating itself as one goes along. There's no way to know what the finished one will look like. I work at it in spurts. A read awhile, then stitch.....over and over. One thing am learning. When one starts on the outside and work inward, the working space keeps getting smaller. That's the nice part.

    ReplyDelete