Monday, May 9, 2022

Had a great time with the G-clan yesterday.  Pretty hard to beat the 3 F's......Family, Food and Fun.  Weather was on the chilly side, but that didn't stop my sister-in-law (more like my sister) from taking me for a ride in their golf cart to check on the baby calves out in the field with their mommas.  A sweet Mother's Day adventure.  Every time we go to their place, she and I go for a spin.  

Had the usual over abundance of food......veggie tray, fruit tray.....brats, hamburgers, all the trimmings, potato hot dish, two salads, garlic toast, deep-fried onion rings, cheese curds, and cheese sticks.  For dessert, six kinds of ice cream for make-your-own sundaes in tall sundae glasses.  She even made sweet roasted pecans for one of the toppings.  Oh, lest I forget old auntie here is always served a delightful Bloody Mary as soon as we arrive.  My two little fur girls sat on my lap and licked my face....adorable Millie and Maggie.

This morning, over coffee, we're reliving the day and are so very grateful to be included in their family get-togethers.  Truly a special day.  The older we get, the more time with family means to us.  Never know when the next bus to Heaven might make its unannounced stop.

Am posting a photo taken this morning of the magnolia tree out front of our unit.  This is one of our yearly events at Venny, along with all the other blossomings and flight appearances by our little birdies.  The boyfriend just left to take another couple to pick up their car, and then he's going to buy some plants for his garden plot.  Cuddy and I are doing what we do best.....cuddling and kicking back.  Last night when I came home after cuddling Millie and Maggie, Cuddy right away detected their scents on my clothes.  Don't think he was thrilled to know I'd been with other fur babies.  

Venny's magnolia tree
(photo taken from our second-floor unit)
Watched more Kawandi quilt-making tutorials and think am ready to dive into my first attempt.  Think we all over-think trying new stuff.  The way I look at it, it's going to be my creation.....however it may turn out.  Am one who thinks outside the box more than inside the cramped box.  While watching one video, I learned of the author, Richard Powers, who comes highly recommended by an academic guru-ess.  Immediately went on e-Bay and have a bid in on The Overstory by Powers.  Actually, the seller has it listed for $9.99, free shipping, offers accepted.  So, in my frugal fashion, I beamed him/her an offer of $8.  It's how I roll.  The suspense is whether or not my offer will be accepted or declined.  

This morning by our door was a plastic sack filled with beads.  Our Venny friends were out garage saling yesterday, and they found 'em for me.  Now, my head is spinning with beading and quilting.  Such amazing friends.  Gotta luv 'em.

That's about all the news from this end.  Received outstanding photos from Yosemite, where Cuddy's mom and dad visited yesterday.  Cuddy sent his mom a text Mother's Day message.  Thought that was sweet of the little man.

Take care till we meet again.  Ta-ta.


2 comments:

  1. Went for a spin, eh? Bet the calves were cute.
    You and the Master Carver are loved by many. What a feast you two enjoyed!
    I like seeing the small magnolia. Thanks for sharing.
    What is the Powers novel about? I tried to research it, to no avail.
    More beads. Tsk, Tsk. What to do? Kawandi for now, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know about The Overstory is that it's Powers' 12th novel. The story is about nine Americans whose life experiences with trees bring them together to address the destruction of forests. This subject is close to my heart, as we watch all trees and sloughs in the countryside being bulldozed down, making room for more crops. We have very little wildlife left around here. The book won the 2019 Pulitzer Prize in fiction. Oh.....and the eBay seller accepted my $8 offer, free shipping.

    As to the beads....you're right. They're going in my bead drawer and my needle and thread are being resurrected for my first Kawandi. Think I sorta know how to go about making whatever will be the end result. That's the fun part of Kawandi.....it creates itself as its pieces are sewn together.

    ReplyDelete