Wednesday, March 9, 2022

WHERE DID THE MONTHS GO?

Partly sunny, with the slightest fall of snowflakes as I write this.  Before I begin, want to send a special thank-you to Tall Cottage for checking on me the last couple of days when I didn't post.  Meant alot.

Yesterday was devoted to our precious winter house guest.  Took him to his personal groomer for a spa day.  Got a bath, spring hair cut, pedicure and total spiff-up.  Then we took him for a drive, which he actually settled down enough to enjoy.  (He's not one who likes riding in a car.)  Stopped at McDonald's to get a carry-out Deluxe Crispy Sandwich for me and then crossed over to Culver's for a Walleye Sandwich for the boyfriend.  The gal at Culver's asked if our puppy would like a treat, so Cuddy scored and gobbled it right down.  Yup, we declared it Cuddy's Day and treated him like the royal creature he truly is.  My heart sinks to my shoe when I count the days down till he goes back home on the 21st. That's only 12 days.  When he came to our house in December, it seemed forever till March.  Where did that time go?    

Today will do the handstitching of the curtain rod hem, and the valance will be finished and put on the patio windows.  Tomorrow's post should include a photo of the final project.  Right after I finish writing this, will get to stitching.  Have to zip up my crazy projects for awhile.  Then will concentrate on finishing the Sherlock Holmes mysteries.  After that, maybe will dream up the next craziness that keeps me sane.  (Hey, an unintended oxymoron.)

The boyfriend is making a venture to do some shopping for essentials.  With the world and war situation, empty shelves at the grocery stores are anticipated and within the realm of possibility.  A person doesn't know if we're hearing scare tactics or what, but cautious we will be.  That's why my brain buries itself in 1,200-page mystery books.  

Stay safe, stay money smart.   Remember that inflation is taxation without legislation.  It's as man-made as a car or a slingshot.  

3 comments:

  1. You're so welcome, my dear friend. I was growing concerned. I look forward to your blog daily.
    Sounds like you three had a great day. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also look for to this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls. Appreciate you both so much!

    ReplyDelete