Monday, March 28, 2022

Cuddy's mommy is a master quilter.  The quilts that girl puts together are amazing.  She has one of those big quilting machines, so she's able to do a quilt from the first stitch to the last.  

While at their home the other evening for dinner, I asked to take photos of the two quilts she's now working on.  One quilt will be made of one-piece bathing suits and bikinis.  The other will be made of all different colored Hawaiian men's shirts.  The colors she uses absolutely pop and are beautiful.  Here are the photos I took. 

One-piece swimsuit

Yellow
Polka Dot Bikini
(there's a yellow table runner
behind the quilt piece)

Hawaiian Shirt 
Quilt piece


It's my privilege to visit with someone who is so into quilting.  She and her husband go on these quilt hops that take in many quilt shops.  Never having made a quilt myself, I love listening to her tell about her fabrics, how she chooses the patterns, and it's amazing how many of her finished quilts she gives away.  Talk about a generous person.  She's given us one, and we have it folded on my cedar chest with three stuffed puppies on top.  

Spent a good deal of yesterday reading Holmes mysteries.  Feel obligated to keep plugging away so I can return the classic to its owner.  My life has been enriched by this read, never having been introduced to a character like Sherlock.  One thing the stories impart to the reader is the power of observation and the power of deduction.  Can't help but leave a footprint on one's own life.  We're all so used to forming our own opinons about things, not making room for other perspectives.  For that reason, I'm finding new ways to think.

Guess what!  Our Christmas Cactus is going to blossom for Easter!  How special is that.  Remember last year it blossomed twice, too.  Never would've guessed that I could get so attached to a plant.  After inheriting Mabel, now have a soft heart for Christmas Cactuses.  Still haven't replanted the sprig that broke off.  It's still in a glass of water, roots growing.  Dale is going to find a small clay planter and potting soil so she can have her own place.

Before I close today, want to wish my dear sweet friend Mary a happy birthday, which she celebrated yesterday.  So, here's happy birthday, sweet girl, you live in my heart.  Glad to have you back in Iowa.
Specially for Mary

1 comment:

  1. Her quilts must be beautiful. I remember very well the brown one Mrs. G made for you.

    ReplyDelete