Saturday, March 5, 2022

IRISH EATS

Rain and possibly a thunderstorm predicted for this afternoon in our area.  For  sure, that's a sign of spring.  Temperature 37 degrees and sunshine right now.

Got up early, cuz the little fuzz bucket was ready to go outside.  Coffee's brewed, and another day is ready to blossom.

Played hooker again yesterday.  Valance is slowly growing in length.  Sometimes I think maybe the thread is too heavy, and other times it's gonna be okay.  Either way, it is what it is.  Why is a person always questioning oneself?  

Made a trial run of Guinness Irish Stew and Irish soda muffins for our St. Patty's Party on the 17th.  Both got a thumbs up and think we're ready to roll.  The soda bread muffin recipe made a dozen.  Put the leftovers in a zip-lock baggie.  This morning they feel like hockey pucks.  Maybe the trick is baking them the day of the party so our guests won't suffer dental damage.  

We're going to serve the stew over Irish Colcannon, which is mashed potatoes with cooked cabbage mixed in.  Will put parsnips in the stew instead of potatoes.  For dessert, am planning to make a white poke cake, with lime jello topped with vanilla pudding and cool whip mixed together.  Our six-some always has some kind of appetizers with our drinks before dinner, and I'm still pondering that part of the meal.  Absolutely love entertaining, always have, always will.  

6 comments:

  1. I used to get so worked up when I entertained my card club. It was awful. Everything had to be perfect. I worked myself into an absolute frenzy. Now its just about getting together and having fun. Don't stress anymore. What will be will be. So many years of anxiety for what? Took me a long time to learn its not about how your house looks (they didn't care) or how the food was presented (they didn't care), maybe will age comes some wisdom. I can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Irishy to me..... no doubt the meal will be awesome. I was, of course, very concerned about what green beverages would be served (surprise, surprise). I agree with Alice, worthy friends will come over on a moment's notice, not looking for anything but companionship and laughs. I could write a book about the crazy experiences I had in Spillville and a few other places! Keep 'em coming sista! M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice...yup, we stewed over the silliest stuff. Am guilty of the same. For sure, wisdom comes with age. Am praying for a flood of wisdom to swoop me away like a tsunami, leaving me with enough brains to not worry about the stuff we can't change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. M.O......As we have talked about before, good friends are the cream of the crop. You and I have memories that go back to biblical times, don't we???

    ReplyDelete