Tuesday, March 15, 2022

SALON DAY

 Just returned from the salon down the hall......feeling like a helmet's been removed from my head.  Before leaving, had to take a photo to post.........

Can't say why the hair looks dark when my hair is gray.  Anyway, am now sporting a new 'do' and must admit that it feels pretty darned good.  Have the sweetest stylist, so we laughed and joked the whole time.  Was what I'd call a mental therapy session as a perk.  

Placed an order at our local store for the St. Patrick's supper at our house.  Can't wait to tell how our Irisn meal turns out.  Was going to make a white cake mix and poke holes with lime jello, but figured why not just buy a Mrs. Collander's Dutch Apple Pie and be done with it.  Last time I ordered one, they didn't have 'em on hand.  Will go with whatever.  Can't get too worked up over something as little as dessert.  After all, who doesn't like apple pie.  Will serve it with whipped cream, a drizzle of warm caramel sauce, sprinkled with chopped nuts.  Would have liked butter pecan ice cream, but thought it might melt before getting it home.  

Want to thank my faithful followers for their kind and sweet and caring comments.  Writing every day gets lonely, so you have no idea what the messages mean to me.  Many thanks, many thanks.

We're having taco salads for supper.  Easy-peasy.  Made a big macaroni salad day before yesterday, and that was a treat.  Hadn't made that in a long time.  Put macaroni, peas, green onions, celery, hard-boiled eggs, cheddar cheese, spam cut in small pieces, and Miracle Whip with sweet pickle relish.   It was a yumm-O.

Well, gonna settle in for the evening.  Will work tomorrow getting ready for our party Thursday.  Am going to try an appetizer that I found.  Mix together 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup mozarella cheese, chopped black olives, chopped green olives, 1/2 cup Kraft Miracle Whip chopped green onion.  Put a little of this spread on top of garlic Triscuits, place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and bake at 375 for 5-6-7 minutes, depending.  Will try 'em and see.  It's fun to serve something different.  

There's a small white spot in the blue sky......the moon is looking at me.  I love the moon.

3 comments:

  1. I sure would love to see a picture of the new hair styling. I will be waiting..... and you know how impatient I can get (LOL). Email if you don't want to post on blog. My appt for a "chop job" is next Tuesday 11:45, gotta decide what I'm going to want done by then. Have a retirement party tomorrow later down by Lansing. Grandson Ashton gets confirmed Sunday at 2 pm, then our family is dining at Mabes.
    Newton
    P.S. The current time of this post is 7:56 pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one bizzy girl, Newton. You'll see a photo of me one of these days. I'm camera shy anymore. Am not a selfie person. Stay tuned, a new photo might appear on my blog profile.

    ReplyDelete