Friday, March 18, 2022

NO PARTY

Yesterday's dinner party at our house was called off mid-day, due to one of our sixsome not feeling well and needed to go to the hospital.  The main thing is that she returned home.  The meal was entirely prepared, and we could have invited other friends for supper.  But, there's this business of having guests feel like they're second choice, and I would never want anyone to feel like that.  So, instead, the two of us ate two helpings each of some pretty darned good Guinness Irish Stew served over Colcannon mashed potatoes, along with Irish soda muffins.  We were too stuffed to eat the Dutch apple pie with cool whip.  

Remember my Mom always telling me not to make plans, cuz things don't always work out.  Despite her advice, am one who plans inside my head for days before having friends over, and the longer I plan the more excited I get.  Yup, Mom's words came to haunt me yesterday.  

My Daddy always had a saying, too.  Health is our wealth.  And, boy, how true that is.  The older we get, the more thankful we must be each day that we are able to do the things we want, or not do the things we don't want to do.  Once our health is compromised, there's no peace of mind from that point on.  There's always that nagging fear in the back of our heads.  Guess that's why we have the Serenity Prayer.  Change the things we can....accept the things we can't.  

The early morning light rain has now turned into light snow.   Blessed springtime moisture.  Cloudy, dismal, and I like it.  A day suitable to Sherlock Holmes and more leftovers from last night's postponed supper.  Cuddy and I cuddled in bed this morning after the boyfriend left for an eye doctor appointment.  He's gone through a lot with his eyes this last year or two.  Both of us have itchy, dry eyes, and put eye drops in every day.  Some days are worse than others.  Almost makes one think there's something in the air, or allergies or something.  

My close friends know that
there's another F word hidden
in my back pocket.......
just in case!

  

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your friend getting ill and the cancellation of your dinner. Your parents had great intuition it sounds like by the memories you share growing up. Hope both you and Fonzie's eyes improve. Can't imagine not having the gift of sight. Gotta catch up on reading the last couple of days of your posts next.
    Newton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed the time is really 7:38 pm, not 5:38 as my comment posted above. Thought you may want to know in case you have to manually set the clock on your blog.
    M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, M.O., for the heads up on the time. Went into my settings and the time was somehow set for Pacific. You're right on top of things, ma'dear!

    ReplyDelete