Sunday, March 13, 2022

AGING SUCKS

The digital atomic clock that sits on a bookshelf is impossible to program the time, so for the past months it's been one hour behind.  As of this morning, the time is correct.  Have fiddled with the technological nightmare, to no avail.  There are certain instances when the human must let the clock win.

Picked out a hairstyle that am going with this summer, starting now.  Cannot hack the longish hair.  Am too much of a sweaty-betty, even if I put it up.  It's a pixie-bob style advertised for us gals who have been whipped into submission by the years.  Sure wish I knew where the real me went. 

Pixie-Bob

In our younger years, we poked fun at older women with blue hair.  Poor dears were just trying to look nice.  Heck, at my last appointment my stylist tried putting a lavender tint, but my gray hair didn't take to it.  Not trying that again this time, but later in the summer just might.  Depends on my mental condition.  If depression and anxiety overtake me, then just might try something silly to spiff up the spirits.  The only thing that could make me look better is a Walmart sack over my head!

This week we have two parties to look forward to.....one at our house on the 17th and another at our dear friends' home in another town.  Little Cuddy gets to be involved in both.  Next week is when our puppysitting term expires, and already there's a void settling into the pit of my tummy at the very thought of giving him back to his rightful owners.  He and I have grown so attached.  At night, he snuggles up close to me.  I'll wake up, and can feel his warm little body tucked up close to mine.  Just thinking about it fills my eyes with tears.

Cuddy's groomer asked if we'd like to have a little dog of our own.  When she came out to meet us, this little white fuzzy thing ran out of the house.  OMG.  He'd have been ours if we'd have wanted.  But, we know better at our age than to assume a responsibility like that.  A few years younger, and it'd have been a different story.  We'd best concentrate on caring for ourselves.  

Sounds like warmer weather is on the way, up in the 50s and 60s.  That means I'll have to go to the hardware store and buy a weed whacker to shave my legs.  

Well, best shower and get ready for a quiet Sunday.  Stay safe.

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the pixie bob you've selected. It'll be good and it'll be cool. I wore my hair very similar to that about a dozen or so years ago. I really liked it. Easy peasy.

    Funny you mention the digital clock and difficulty. We have an analog above the piano with a grape-vine wreath of berries about it. It's so hard for me to reach any more that I just leave it set on DST. We're right in vogue now and I won't have to hear my family saying "your clock is an hour ahead". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a hoot about our clocks? Wonder how many other homes have the same situation. It's nice to look at the clock now and know it's the real time. It's funny when we have guests over and they see how late it is, and then we have to explain that it's really an hour earlier. Giggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do the same. Most are seated where the time on our microwave is in view. Some keep checking the microwave instead of the clock on the wall.

      Delete
  3. Here's my 2 cents. That haircut in the picture is adorable. I think you will look great with your hair cut like that. Can't wait to see you. You looking darling in my eyes no matter what you wear, how or if you fix your hair. I called and left a message at my salon to get an appointment for a haircut this morning. Salon is closed today. Your smile, attitude, sillyness, and generous heart keep me "attached to you". We have a bond that not even a sharp ice pick can destroy. LOL
    the Newton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice hair style go for it. And as for that business of changing the time on those digital atomic clocks I feel the pain! Day two, changing it again! If it wasn't that its a nice large clock it would have gone to the Depot.... And talking of the dog, we had our daughters dog here for 10 days and did enjoy her around. But who had to take her for the 10PM out door duty and the 7AM one and those during the day when it was 20 below! No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a trillion, girls, for the warm comments. You're the best!!!

    ReplyDelete