Saturday, December 11, 2021

TORNADO DEVASTATION

Woke late this morning to breaking news about the tornado destruction in several states including Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas.  Photos of the damage shows it to be absolutely devastating.  The number of deaths isn't yet known.  Time for the rest of us to pray for the victims, plus thank high heaven we were spared.  Mother Nature is not happy, and She's letting us know how She feels.  

One cannot imagine what it must be like to live through the loss of home, possessions, family members, friends, hospitals and all else that maintains our well-being.  Thousands of broken hearts are within miles of us, and for them I'm deeply saddened.  Prayers are my only way of helping them.

Overnight three inches of snow fell, so all's white.  The bright sunshine is quickly making it disappear, so photos were needed.  Sunshine plus snow surely brightens the world and the spirits.  The sky is a pretty baby blue, nary a cloud above where my eyes can see.


Little rainbows in the shape of the Big Dipper constellation magically appeared on our north living room wall this morning.  My sun catchers hanging on our patio doors bring happiness in our home.  

Rainbows create the Big Dipper
Once again it's Saturday.  Weeks buzz by quickly.  Yesterday afternoon I walked down the hall to be with my two Venny besties.  We sipped Livingston Cellars Chablis Blanc and nibbled on garlic flavored kettle potato chips.  Quite the trio.

Watched three Christmas movies before heading to bed at 2 a.m.  My supper was a Jack's cardboard pizza.  What's better than a movie, pizza and Diet Coke.

Stay safe.

4 comments:

  1. First thing I thought of when I saw the snow. Leanne is happy. Then I heard about the devastation and thought Oh no all those people and so close to Christmas. Mother Nature is spuming her rath all across the world. Lord help us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet that you thought about me, Alice. The field out front remains white, as well as the lawns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tall Cottage. On bright sunny mornings, I move the strands of beaded curtains, and prism rainbows and polka dots dance on all four walls and even the ceiling. One morning there was even a rainbow in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete