Saturday, December 18, 2021

REMOTE LEARNING


Don't know how I could live without my Google Calendar.  I record things like doctor and dentist appointments, anything that is planned ahead.  Plus, use it to keep track of what I do, like pay the cell bill or the credit card bill.  Sure makes life a lot easier.  Who wants to rely on one's memory at this stage of the circus.

After the power outage the other night, I went on eBay and ordered us nine battery candles in the event the lights go out for a longer period of time.  One hears about enemies taking out our power grid, and that would not be funny.  This world is like it's never been before, and we'd better be sure we can be okay if the lights do go out.
 

Want to alert my readers that yesterday, December 17th, was National Take Your Gun to School Day.  This insane movement is being pushed on our kids through the social media app, Tik Tok.  "Apparently for quite some time, some Tik Tok influencers have been encouraging our children to vandalize their schools.  They have been told to go into bathrooms and tear out sinks and toilets; to vandalize their teachers' desks; to destroy facilities; and to spray paint everything they can.  Some children have been going along.  And now they are being encouraged to take a gun to school to threaten fellow students, teachers and administration.  It has prompted fear in parents and caused some schools to increase security."  

If I had kids in school, there's no doubt that I'd get them signed up for remote learning.  How do people send their babies to school having to live in the fear of them not being alive at suppertime because of some kid sneaking around with a gun.  Makes me crazy to even think how our America has changed.  When I went to school, the only thing we had to worry about was detention.  Now our kids have to worry about getting killed.  

Check for yourselves who owns and runs Tik Tok.  It'll give you the chills, and you can about guess.  Best get off the subject before I have a coronary infarction.

This weekend a lot of people are having their family Christmas get-togethers.  One of the big hospitals about a hundred miles from us has closed their doors to all elective surgeries again because of the numbers of Covid patients.  We're praying the local hospital doesn't follow suit before the 27th, the boyfriend's second cataract removal.  We want to get that done with before the crap hits the fan again. 

Heard this morning that there was a car accident, with five teenagers involved.  Two killed, the other three in serious condition.  How horribly sad for such a thing to happen right before Christmas.  Makes a person want to cover up with a blanket and stay there. 

6 comments:

  1. I don't shop on ebay but do on Amazon all though I wish I didn't have to. It's way too big of a corporation but I'm limited as to where I can shop and not pay postage. I think we need a 9 hr flash light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the big corporations, but my only concern is us. The free shipping is nice. Agree about the long-lasting flashlight. Good to have on hand along with a battery stash. Scary times, no doubt. Am glad our mothers don't have to be here to see what's happened. They couldn't afford groceries, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had not heard of Tik Tok Day but if I could, I would instantly do away with it.
    All the grands have been in remote learning one time or another. Kelly's girl was here with us daily last year. Our school doesn't allow for part-time remote unless they are shut down due to staff/bus driver shortages. It was all year or nothing. I breathed easier with her here.
    Police are in every school in our District but is one person really enough of a presence? Who knows for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me terribly sad to hear about the awful things that happen to our babies in school these days. Didn't ever really have a strong opinion on home-schooling, with supervision and study discipline. However, at this point, my feeling is that remote learning has many solid advantages for parents and children. What is Kelly's thoughts on this? Looking back to our school days, can't fathom needing a policeman. As you say, is one enough? I think there couldn't be too many. The way our law enforcement is being treated in this country by some, just makes my heart sick. Many are the day we say we're glad we're as old as we are. And, many of our friends say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our granddaughter still got 100's in subjects and maintained it throughtout the year even though she was remote learning, even for Gym Class. Kelly is all for Remote. Burgundy is also except her youngest had trouble with Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear a teacher's point of view. Good for your granddaughter, such excellent grades. It's tough when a child has difficulties reading, because reading is the base of all other learning. Would have liked being a tutor for reading. For a few years I was involved with the local high school reading program where an older person reads the same book as a student, and then get together to discuss the book. That was super enjoyable for me.

    ReplyDelete