Thursday, December 9, 2021

NOT MEASURABLE......

My two Venny besties stopped over for a visit and sip of Chardonnay yesterday afternoon.  Our giggles and silliness are equivalent to a good sniff of cocaine.....not that I'd know what that's like!  

Finished wrapping two gifts to special ones.  Boyfriend is on his way to the post office to mail them and pick up our online order of groceries at Fareway.

Got a text a few minutes ago telling me that Omicron is in our state, an unvaccinated 18-year-old.  Only makes sense that if a young person has it, adults also have it.  

Well, I've been begging the gods for snow, and overnight it snowed.  Wanna know how much?  Here's a frickin' photo.............

To think we used to measure our snowfalls
by the foot.  This is pathetic to a snow-lover.

Maybe I love heavy snow falls because of the way they bring our fast-paced living to a screeching halt.  It's Mother Nature's way of reminding us who's in charge of this world.  Try as we may, we remain pawns in The Lady's hand.  When she decides to huff and puff and howl and spit and sputter, we have no alternative but to hunker down and wait for Her to go somewhere else.  Don't know what it is about me, but I also love thunderstorms......not tornadoes of destruction, but the good old thunder and lightning.  When we were kids, on stormy summer days our family would snuggle in our old stone house and listen to the cracks of lightning and thunder.  Daddy taught me to read the clouds so I'd understand their severity.  Maybe that's the source of my respect for all of Nature.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment