Tuesday, December 7, 2021

EARLY

Before going to bed last night, I set the alarm on my I-phone for 7 a.m.  It was still dark outside when I woke up and checked the time.  Remember my blog about randomly looking at a digital clock and the numbers are all the same?  Well, guess what time it was when I checked.  Yup, 4:44.  

Couldn't go back to sleep, so got up, got Mr. Coffee going, and made notes for a morning meeting.  Most of the time I have no problem sleeping, but if there's something weighing on my mind, well, that's a different story.  Am not one to lay in bed and toss and turn.  Rather, get up and read or write.  

Revved up my Chrome Book and the first thing to read is the article about the mayor of NYC putting a vaccine mandate on all privately-owned businesses beginning December 27th.  This applies to 184,000 businesses.  The new variant is now in 18 states and spreading.  Oh, boy, more controversy, more protests, more discord.    

Everywhere we turn these days we hear about the virus and vaccinations, pros and cons, some with substance, some without.  Am willing to put myself out on the butcher block and say that in the beginning I was apprehensive about the vaccines, simply because of what people were saying and, of course, our trusty news reporters.  As I researched and listened to doctors on both sides of the fence, I consulted my beloved orthopedic surgeon who is now a professor at Harvard in Boston.  His recommendation and explanation of the vaccination made perfect sense to me, therein my mind was changed.  We all need our own guiding light, and this man from Lebanon is mine.  

Clearly we're living in a tumultuous time.  Didn't expect to live through a time that would change the entire world.  Not just our state, not just our nation, but the globe.  Life  won't ever be like it was before Covid-19.  One cannot go anywhere or be with anyone without a remark being made for or against the vaccine.  Just because I'm vaccinated doesn't mean I won't get Covid.  Absolutely I can.  The difference is the severity.  

One thing I cannot and will not claim is to be a scientist or a medical doctor.  If I looked through a microscope, I couldn't tell a virus from a bacteria.  Nor could I tell a spiked protein from a spiked drink.  Oh, I can repeat something heard or read about, but do I really know what I'm talking about?  Heck, no.  All I know is that I don't want to get the virus nor do I want to be responsible for giving it to someone else.  Social distancing has taken a toll on all of us, and the two of us take it seriously.  Oh, there are those who think we're overly cautious, but that's okay.  We have to remember that we are all part of the whole.  This isn't the time to claim to have all the right answers.  

Surely didn't expect to write about this today.  Maybe it's the early morning hour when my brain is well rested.  Guess I'm thinking on paper, wishing the world wasn't so divided, the country wasn't so divided, families and friends weren't so divided.  Guess we'll be getting our booster shots when it's time, and that's all we can do.  Does anyone besides me find it difficult to trust these days?  Who can we trust?  If I'm not able to trust the doctors who take care of my health and well-being, that's pretty frickin' sad.  I've been blessed with the absolutely best doctors, and in their hands I place my trust.  For me, that's called peace of mind and peace of heart.  More than that I cannot expect from life.

Update:  Still no snow.  Tree still undecorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment