Saturday, December 16, 2023

Little Buffy Boo just left our house.  She spent her first overnighter with us, and she slept the night through.....beside me in the recliner.  When she's at her home, her bed is in a cozy carrier.  At my house, she will sleep by me.  Honestly, that's me being selfish.  

Buffy's parents were married yesterday, and Buffy was a bridesmaid for the picture-taking session.  She wore a pink dress with little white flowers.  Adorable isn't quite enough to describe her cuteness.  When her uncle delivered her to our house, she was wearing her bridesmaid dress.  Well, you can imagine what that did to my tear ducts!

We thought Buffy would be here today and into tonight.  Our supper guests tonight are puppy lovers, and we thought for sure Buffy would be here.  But, her parents and their house guests wanted her back home.  So, we relinquished our visitation rights until the next time.  

Here's a picture taken of Buffy in her bridesmaid dress.....

The weather here today is rainy and gloomy.  No wonder my joints have been putting up fits the last couple of days.  Think I'm gonna have to give a baptismal name to my inherited arthritis, other than Arthur.  Instead I shall call IT Arnold after Benedict Arnold the betrayer.  

Betrayal is an awful thing to experience in life, and most of us know someone who has betrayed us in one way or another.  Betrayal destroys trust.  

Only nine days till Christmas.  Tonight we're celebrating with dear friends....a simple and sweet sip and sup get-together.  It's time to get myself in the kitchen, set the table, and do the things we do before company comes.

Yesterday I got tangled up in the 13 episodes of Bachelor Australia on You Tube.  The handsome bachelor started out with 25 amazing women.  Each episode at least one of the girls was eliminated until he got down to one.  About the fifth episode I picked the girl he'd choose.  I was right.  Made for a fun day of another movie marathon.  

Till the morrow....ta-ta. 

1 comment:

  1. We need to get you folks out of the house and meet halfway for lunch sometime soon. Glad you had Buffy for a visit. She looks like she tolerated the dress without shredding it. Don't try that with a Cat or you will regret it! Just saying from experience.

    ReplyDelete