Thursday, December 14, 2023

Busy Thursday it will be.  We're sipping our second cuppas and will then shower and head out the door to run errands.  Want to stop at the Dollar Tree, then both grocery stores, and grab a sandwich, probably at Mickey D's.  This late afternoon at 4:30 there's a pizza party downstairs, along with a presentation about the new rest home that will be built across the road from us.  We're signed up for that, as Dale's on the council and needs to be up on what's going on with the Venny campus.  

Have been enduring an ache in my neck and upper shoulders, so yesterday I ordered a heated neck massage thingy that hopefully will relax the tight muscles.  Guess one might say it's yet another assistive device to help my poor deteriorating body.  My neck actually crunches, that's how arthritis works.  

No more complaining.  It's just amazing that I ordered the massage thingy yesterday online and it will be delivered to my door today already.  Free shipping.  Pretty amazing, I'd say.  We're so lucky to live in a time where we don't have to drive sixty or seventy miles to do our shopping.  All one has to do is press a few buttons, and that's all there is to it.  It's a dread for me to go shopping anymore, although I do get a kick out of the Dollar Tree.  Maybe because it reminds me of the Woolworth's Dime Store when we were little kids.  That's where Mom would buy me painted turtles.  Woolworth's was like Macey's to me.

Another no-snow day, temps to get up to 50 °.  Something's out of whack is all I can say.  

Tomorrow we're having little Buffy Boo over in the afternoon and evening.  We'll get more details tomorrow.  Am going to smother the little sweetheart with smooches and hugs and all the mushy stuff I can muster up.  I've not forgotten about my beloved Cuddy, but there's no choice for me but to channel that love over to Buffy now.  How blessed we are.

Best get crackin' here.  Lots to get done.  Ta-ta till the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment