Thursday, April 20, 2023

Rain and thunder.  Solid reasons to once again cancel my lab and doctor appointments scheduled for today.  Fortunately, was able to reschedule both for this coming Monday.  

Tomorrow our three new recliners will be delivered in the afternoon between 1:30 and 3.  Our couch and busted recliner will be taken out in the morning.  This will be one heckuva change, being without a couch, but it's a joint decision that we think is for the best.  Don't know if I mentioned that we're adding swivel attachments to all three.  Cuddy won't have his couch to lay on, but he will get his own recliner, so that should be okay. 

One thing leads to another.  Now that we're changing the color of our recliners, we'll need to change the living area rug.  Then I look at the crocheted valance hanging on our patio doors, well, I think that should go, as well.  To be honest, the recliners we're getting looked one color in the store, but am sure they'll look different here.  Fluorescent lights play tricks on color.  They're called stone or granite.   

Made some swift decisions yesterday to purge things that probably shouldn't have been purged, but the mood struck me like a brick.  When that happens, I'm relentless in getting rid of stuff.  If I confessed to the things I threw away, well, it would shock a lot of people.  I figure, tho, if there's no one who cares to inherit them, why save the stuff.  One way of rationalizing is that I'm sparing others from having to throw away what I can myself.  

Frankly, I don't know what people do when they don't get rid of stuff.  It's like we allow stuff to have control over us.  Yesterday I went so far as to toss all the magnets on the fridge.  Yup, they all went right in the circular file.  

I took all my good plates and platters and vases out of our burgundy chest.  A good share of them were put in a box that will go to the local thrift store.  Now I know what's where and will use only what's left.  If only I could live my life over again.  I'd live like a nomad or gypsy, taking only the dire necessities.  No wonder people have garage sales, what else can they do but hope to recoup a few pennies on the dollar.  Those days are in the rear view mirror for this chick.  It's either the landfill or thrift store from here on out.  The landfill is so easy.  We carry our bagged stuff to the recycle room dumpster and that's the last we have to deal with it.  

Now that I don't have to get ready to go to the clinic, I can stay home and vegetate.  Will maybe make another quick sweep, grab a few things and bid them a final farewell.  Don't get me wrong, however.  There are a few things that are very dear to me, and nothing in this world will take them from me.  But, that list was once a lot longer than it is today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment