Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Another overcast day.  Thankfully, we were spared from the powerful storms that have been sweeping the country.  All we can do is pray for those who are left without their homes and possessions.  In some tragic cases, those left without their family members.  

Today at 5 o'clock we're going to Cuddy's house for supper.  Can't wait to see the fuzzy one again.

After going through scads of over-70 hairstyles, I opted for a pixie cut......really short pixie.  A pile of hair on the floor was living proof that I'd been sheared....as requested.  My stylist is one who loves to try different styles, and she puts a bright spot in her client's day for sure.  Am spoiled to have the salon just down the hall from our unit.  

Must start thinking about a topic for this month's newsletter.  Boy, the months roll around quickly.  Seems I'm always at the point where I need to think of a fresh article for the newsletter.  As of this moment, I have no idea whatsoever.  

Nothing newsy to share.  This is Easter week.  Seems once Easter's over, then we're in full swing with spring, the planting of crops, mowing lawns and planting gardens.  I keep eyeing my Adirondack chair on the deck, patiently waiting till I can go out there, sit and watch the birds and those who bike and walk for exercise.  Am also eyeing the wren house, praying some little wren will choose it to raise this year's family.  

Brought out my Zen coloring book and colors.  Spent about an hour coloring before my hair appointment.  It's a nice project that's ongoing and a wonderful way to keep the mind focused on something worthwhile.  The mind can be a hobo and wander all over the place, digging up memories of the past, and making up stories about the future.  If one can rein in one's mind, that's the key to contentment.

My cuppa needs attention.  Ta-ta. 

2 comments: