Thursday, May 25, 2023

What's it all about?

As mentioned a few times, I keep seeing a series of the same number every day.  Like yesterday while waiting in the car.  When the boyfriend left the car for his eye appointment, I nonchalantly checked my phone to see what time it was.  Yup, there it was 1:11.  For me, waiting is something I'm not able to do without a book to read.  So, that's what I did for a good while.  I checked my phone again, and guess what time it was.....yup, 2:22.  I swear this happens several times every day.  It's not that I'm looking for this, it simply happens.

Went to the Dollar Tree to pick up a few things.  Everything is now $1.25 because of national across-the-board price hikes.  There's a lot of hype about price gouging, which personally I think is more accurate.  While in the store, I bumped into a childhood girlfriend.  So many years have passed, yet we talked like next door neighbors.  What is it about friendships formed when we're small children?  Maybe it was the age of innocence when our feelings were genuine, and we meant a lot to one another.  We played together, went to school together and grew up together before splitting off in different life directions.  A few minutes of reminiscing brought back happy thoughts....of times that exist only in one's memory.  When this happens at our stage of life, it's a sweet thing.....mainly because we don't know if it might be the last visit we have together.

After the Dollar Tree, we came back home.  There were leftovers in the fridge, so meal preparation was not necessary.  Simply heat the stuff up in the microwave.  Today is a free day, but each of us has a plan.  Don't know what has happened to us, but we do not like days that involve appointments and other obligations.  It's that business of doing what we feel like doing.  

Memorial Day weekend is fast approaching.  On Sunday we'll be hosting a little gathering for a friend who's celebrating her second 40th birthday.  Growing older has its ouches, but the event is truly a blessing.  Not everyone is lucky enough to see that second 40th birthday.  Maybe it's time we count each blessing as two blessings, cuz we are doubly blessed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment