Monday, May 8, 2023

Was looking through recent photos taken with my iPhone and came across a couple that provide today's topic. 

The first photo is of my boyfriend and precious Cuddy.  He loves it when Dale holds him like that.  Words aren't necessary to describe the picture.....

One day last week my boys were out for a Cuddy walk, and the next picture shows the flower they picked for me.....


Dale knows how I love wildflowers.  To me, a loving hand-picked dandelion means more than a dozen red roses delivered by a florist.  Over the years, I've been gifted with tiny bouquets of violets and bluebells.  Some were so tiny that I used a shot glass for a vase.  

Oh, I love all flowers and their unique fragrances.  The most fragrant flower in my world was my Gramma Emma's rose bush.  I can remember as a little girl standing by the big bush and putting my nose next to a rose and inhaling its sweet smell.  Another special flower is the Lily of the Valley, it's petite and elegant.  Every flower is special, and every flower is beautiful in its own way.  But, my heart leans toward those that grow in the woods where few people trod.  Maybe it's their humility that makes me love them.  It's a little girl thing.



1 comment:

  1. My youthful floral remembrances include lilacs, lilies-of-the-valley, minature pinks and hyacinths.

    ReplyDelete