Sunday, May 7, 2023

Anyone besides me take in the Coronation ceremony?  I'm one who finds the royal monarchy to be a fascinating part of human history.  Watching thousands of people gather in the streets of London in support of King Charles III was reassuring that perhaps there is still some togetherness in our chaotic world.  

Like all families, the Royal family has its share of internal problems.  It doesn't matter which side of the fence we onlookers are on.  It's simply a good reminder for all of us that we are not alone in the quirks within our own ancestral clans.  Five-year-old Prince Louis continues to be the firecracker in William's family.  That element of impish behavior also reassures us that childhood innocence is a beautiful thing.  Soon that will be taken away from him, so it's nice to see him be his own person.

Yesterday we went on a trolley to an Amish Greenhouse.  The boyfriend purchased Celebrity Tomato plants.  The greenhouse was overflowing with beautiful flowering baskets of flowers.  I so wanted to buy one, but didn't.  Am thinking how I can make something for the deck that I can make myself with supplies that I already have.  Am on this crusade to use up rather than bring in more.  

With me, it's not a matter of not having enough space.  Rather, it's a matter of having too much stuff.  That was the whole purpose of our downsizing.  The more space a person has, the more work one has.  Both of us are beyond the point of introducing more things that require our attention/work.  

Our hummingbird feeder is already serving free sustenance to the tiny feathered ones.  A sparrow had grape jelly for breakfast.  No Orioles have visited as of yet.  Please please please let there be a wren that finds our bird house suitable to raise its family.  

It's another overcast day.  T-bone steaks are thawing.  The boyfriend will be grilling them for tonight's supper.  We ate Chinese yesterday with a group of friends.  Think I've had enough Chinese to last me a while.  I'm so happy that I can comfortably eat with chopsticks.  I was asked why I ate with them rather than using a fork.  Guess I'm one who likes to learn the ways of other cultures and incorporate them into my life.  

It's again time to write my newsletter article.  That's how I shall spend the afternoon.  A topic was suggested to me about a week ago, so I think I'll follow up with the good suggestion.  I know it would mean a lot to me if one of my suggestions was honored by someone else.  Small common courtesies are necessary and much needed these days.  

2 comments:

  1. My intention was to be up and awake enough to watch the Coronation but my tired body persuaded me to sleep. I recorded it all, just in case. I've seen the Crownings and other pics and one day I will watch that recording. Even though I don't live in England, I find the pageantry interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Tube has the entire coronation plus lots of other videos of the concert events.

    ReplyDelete