Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Shadows on the deck and then they disappear.  Ah, the magic of the sun!

Has anyone read the book "Spare" written by the King's youngest son?  After watching the coronation ceremony, I'm more curious than ever about what he wrote about his family.  There's a principle involved here......don't want to buy a new book so as to give him a penny profit.  Rather, am scouring the internet looking for a real deal on a preowned book.  There are some for sale on eBay, but not at a price I'm willing to pay.  Curiosity propels us to wiggle ourselves into the pages of books that hold both good, bad and even ugly.  

Came across a phrase that was written about our new Queen C.  It read, "She has done the hard yards."  

Yes, I like that phrase, cuz it pretty much sums up how I feel about myself and my boyfriend.  So far as life goes, we've run the race of the hard yards, and now it's time for us to be inch worms and lollygag our way to the checkered flag.  We've done the bit, paid our dues to society.  It's difficult to watch the era of entitlement that has replaced our hard work ethics.  What a beautiful world we could have if every person would accept a responsibility for sharing the bounty.  

Yesterday I wrote about flowers, about how we didn't buy a hanging plant at the Amish Nursery.  Well, this morning there is a basket of pretty red and white petunias hanging right above the bird house.  While the boyfriend was running errands, he decided to bring one home.  I'm pretty sure it's a Momma's Day present from Cuddy.  I shall take very good care of Anna (a spin-off of my name) and serve her onion tea to boost her immune system.  Dead-heading is now my daily job to keep the basket filled with lotsa blossoms.  

Just finished our lunch, which we ate out on the deck.  The temperature is ideal.  The new season is refreshing, and it it's wonderful to feel the warmth of the sun's rays.  Some claim that we lack certain vitamins during the winter months when we're not out in the sun.  I believe that. 

Have gotten myself embroiled in another criminal investigation that has me wondering what's gonna be the outcome.  Who's involved with the one who murdered his parents, dismembered them, and deposited the remains in several places.  It's more the interrogation tactics used in the questioning that interest me.  I SHOULD be doing something else, but just don't feel like it.  My inch worm attitude has a good grip on me right now.  Ya gotta love it!

4 comments:

  1. Your deck looks inviting.
    I, for one, have not read "Spare".
    I won't share my personal thought about Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we love our deck. Simple and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have "Spare" on hold at my local library. I'm #35 in line to get the book as of this writing. I didn't want to buy a copy, as I also did not want him and his wife to profit from my hard earned $$. I've heard that it sounds as if written by a 5th grader. (Bar Code Bonne)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #35??? Sounds like more people don't want H&M benefiting from their hard-earned dollar. Doesn't surprise me that the book sounds like it was written by a 5th grader.

    ReplyDelete