Wednesday, January 11, 2023


Our G-clan postponed holiday get-together left all of us with warm and fuzzy memories.  This one photo is me and two of my darling great-nieces, who were my assistant elves during the gift exchange silliness.  

I made elf name tags for each of us G's.  Dale was Wonky Pickle Berry  and I was Tookie Twinkle Toes.  My two little elves were Pixie Peppermint Stick and Twinkles Sugar Tart.   The adults were good game players and accepted their assigned elf names throughout the day.

The tradition of making homemade ice cream (with hand-cranking) was carried out with lots of laughs and even some ice down the backs of the handle-crankers.  This year the flavor was black raspberry.  The little girls picked the berries in Grampa Gary and Gramma Debbie's woods.  It truly was the best ice cream ever.  They sent a container home with us, but it didn't last long.

Our drive up north was like driving in a fairyland, with the trees and bushes covered with hoar frost.  The word 'hoar' comes from old English and refers to the old age appearance of the frost:  the way the ice crystals form, making it look like white hair or a beard.  Like we said, only Our Creator could paint such splendor. 

Today all holiday decorations and dishes go back to storage, making room for tomorrow night's 8-some party here in our unit.  I told our friends I need to have a party.  Think we all do.  We're an 8-some that laughs and enjoys our time together.  It's nice not having to drive home, but rather walk down the hallway.  We're all on the second floor.  

Lots to do today, make appetizers and clean the house.  We work together and take coffee breaks.  I see the plants need watering, so will give them a spot of onion tea, their choice beverage.  

The book I ordered on eBay doesn't show up in transit.  I messaged the seller, sometimes packages get lost.  I'm having the jitters waiting to get started reading the book.  Today there won't be time to read, but hopefully by the weekend the book will be in my hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment