Sunday, January 8, 2023

Good Sunday morning........The siren woke us this morning at 6:30.  We for sure have crossed over the line to old age.  Neither of us know how we could've possibly gotten up at 5 every day, worked sometimes overtime, came home, and worked or partied till 10 o'clock when we went back to bed.  Getting up is now an effort, and the day ahead looks like a road trip from home to the east coast.  

Hopefully tomorrow's post will be filled with funnies after today's G-clan holiday party.  My feet are getting cold thinking about the craziness I have planned for them, but they oughta be used to it by now.  It's just the people my age don't usually act so silly, but I'm addicted to silliness.  Under my senior class photo in the 1964 Yearbook is written "sometimes somewhat silly."  I'll probably be a medical wonder at some point in the future.  They'll ask themselves, Is she nuts or is she okay?  

Gotta put the veggie pizza together, wrap our two presents, gather my stuff together, shower, take Cuddy to the sitter.....all before we depart for the north country.  Weather is perfect for being out on the roads, with no precipitation in the forecast.  If there was, we'd stay put.  No more risk-taking for these two birds.  The nest is where we belong on days of icy roads and slushy snow.  Back when we were young and worked, we could never figure out why old people were on the roads in bad weather.  Well, here we are, and we'd better have the brains to do what keeps us safest. 

Got through a whole bunch of pictures again yesterday.  Must persevere with the project.  The boyfriend reported our Venny storage space needs tweaking again, so one day when I get in one of my throwing-out moods, we'll go down and throw more stuff away.  Gotta be honest and say that my spouse has a harder time with tossing than I do.  It's important that I don't push too hard, cuz we each have our own personal sentiments and attachments.  Maybe it's because I've had to let go of so much during my lifetime that now it's easy for me to do so.  I keep reminding myself that everything that happens in life has a purpose.  Looking back, I can honestly say that those words are true.  At the time, it's not easy to understand.  Sometimes it takes years and years for everything to fall into place.  It's until that point that we are able to understand what happened and why.  Our Creator doesn't put our lessons on a chalkboard like a teacher.  He has his own way of teaching us.  And, let me tell you, he can be a tough teacher sometimes.  

Best scoot.  Have a lot to do in a very short time.  Wish us well, and pray that I don't end up in the psych ward after presenting my Christmas program!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just checking to see if this posts. Had trouble again the other day.

    ReplyDelete