Sunday, January 1, 2023

DAY 1 of 2023

 Happy New Year wishes to all my faithful followers.  My prayer is that we all receive blessings in our personal lives that foster peace of mind and peace of the heart.  

Our holiday celebrations were small, meaningful and memorable.  The days of glitz and glitter, booze and party hats are in the rear view mirror for us.  Now, we're grateful to be well and upright.  That's the way the road of life goes.  

Dense fog has us enveloped at present.  Feels like we're in a cocoon.  The boyfriend is making a special surprise dinner for us tonight.  I have my thoughts on what it may be, but I'll let the little kid in me wait.  

Anyone out there with a new year's resolution?  Think the idea of setting goals is programmed into my genes, cuz I cannot help but put in place some new action that will better my life in some small way.  Seems one can always find a part of daily life that can be tweaked just a tad.  One immense hurdle has been erased from my mother board of vices, and that's the business of resolving to lose weight in the new year.  At my age, that's no longer gonna be something I waste my time battling.  If they can't fit my ashes into my burial box, they can toss the overflow into the roadside ditch.  Then maybe I'll grow back as a wild rose or itch weed.  It's a thought.

Complete custody of Cuddy was turned over to us on Christmas Day.  He is ours until April.  Needless to mention, we're loving him to proverbial pieces.  He loves his little gray and white striped t-shirt and wears it all the time.  

We're ever so happy we didn't put up a tree or do a lot of decorating in our unit.  Isn't it something how one minute holiday decorations feel appropriate, and within hours they feel out of place and ready to be returned to storage.  Now we're aiming for Valentine's Day, where everything will be hearts and flowers.  The colors red and pink take over for the red and greens.  Trees are replaced by hearts and boxes of candy.  At least for a short time love will be in the air, acts of temporary sweetness will be showered on spouses and significant others, and then life will switch over to St. Patrick's Day and the wearing of the green.  Colors have a lot to do in our celebrations, don't they?

Tomorrow Monday the Rose Bowl Parade will provide us with entertainment.   The tournament's "Never on Sunday" tradition has been long-standing since 1893.  Pasadena's spectacular parade of roses is one of life's beautiful examples of human creativity.  Thousands of individuals work hard to bring this event into our living rooms every year.  The parade was canceled in 2021 because of the pandemic, and in 2022 was held with a mask mandate.  

As we look ahead, we'll all be faced with endings and new beginnings.  Bottom line is we gotta do our best to adjust our thinking to graciously accept what is.   

From our home to yours......happy new year!

3 comments: